The Third Dream

Marco and the girl. They created a world together, full of adventure and excitement. So going to the real world wasn't so fun. Or at least for Marco. For some reason, the girl never talks about herself. There is no name, no past and no future for her. Or at least nothing he's heard.

"Marco!" she shouts while chasing after him "you're late," She wraps her arms around his neck, he could feel her heavy breathing on his shoulder.

"Sorry, homework load was heavy today," he said, slowly putting his hand around her waist. She was worried. She was so scared that he was gone. The girl waited here till he came. He was all she had left. Marco noticed the tension between them but, was still so dense.

"Toffee took my ukulele" The girl mumbled "I have to get it back" She reached for her wand and twirled it in her hand carelessly.

"Can't you just...dream it back?" Marco asked confused. The girl shook her head in disagreement. She backed away from Marco and turn away from him.

"I don't wanna wait for you again and the only thing that keeps me busy is that ukulele" The girl explained. Marco never thought about her life till now but, listening to this it sounded like she didn't have much. Probably because she isn't real. Maybe he shouldn't ponder about this too hard.

" Toffee is gonna get a piece of our mind" Marco announced confidently. She smiled like a child on their birthday which caused Marco's heart to skip a beat. He was helplessly in love with a figment of his imagination.

With a wave of her wand; a baby-blue narwhal appeared. The girl jumped onto the narwhal with her hand out (Makoto and Haru).

"Let's go fight monsters!" She exclaims exuberantly as Marco takes her hand willingly. He felt more confident in his dreams. Consequences were invalid in this world. He wasn't the safe kid. In here, he was a risk taker.

The narwhal starts to soar into the air and the girl's soft hair flies into his face. The smell reminds him of white roses on a summer day. The grass underneath them slowly fades and rocky plains surround them. The girl points to a large castle that matched the ground. She turns to see Marco, staring back at her in admiration.

"What?" she asks innocently. Marco instantaneously avoids eye contact and became flustered. It might be a dream, but that doesn't mean the feelings are fake. The narwhal settles down and the two teenagers hop off and walk towards the castle. Her eye brows furrow. She blast the door violently.

"Let's get Agatha back" she demands and struts into the dust. The girl named the ukulele after the author of And Then There Were None; a mystery novel. She enjoyed how dark and inhumane a story could become. She read it a lot. In fact, it was the last thing she ever read.

"Agatha?" Marco asks himself while waving his hand frantically in the dust. He opens his eyes to see the girl staring at a pastel blue, crocodile-like body.

It's Toffee.

"I knew you'd come" Toffee cackles mischievously. His left hand come up from behind his back, holding a red ukulele. The girl grabs for it but, it suddenly disppears from existence.

"Give it back!" The girl screams while pointing her wand threateningly . Toffee laughs again and walks towards her.

"I'll give it to you-" He says "For the wand" She quickly pulls her wand away from Toffee. Toffee stops walking closer and looks down deviously.

"You need to wake up" Toffee whispers " so give me the friggin wand"  He lunges for it but the girl screams a spell and he goes shooting backwards, his head hits the table. Marco grabs the ukulele from the ground but, it fades in his hands.

"What should I do?" he stutter nervously. She turns to me with dread in her eyes.

"Don't let him get my wand" She says while staring straight forwards to the table, "I won't let him wake me up" the girl continued. Toffee stands up with a smirk on his face.

"Just give up" Toffee demands. Guards start to surround us and Toffee fades into the background. It's two against ten but, that doesn't scare her. On the other hand, Marco's palms are sweating and everything starts to get dizzy. No, no, no...he can't wake up now.

'I will not leave her side' Marco excogitates

"I'll fight these guys off," He say " I believe in you". The girl flees and guards begin to follow her. As soon as they get ready to pounce, Marco intertwines. They don't get a chance to lay a finger on her. She might be the hero, but he'll always have her back. Marco kicks the guard in the stomach and they fall back with a thud.

The girl is on her own, for once. But she isn't afraid. In fact, it's accelerating. Marco isn't the only one craving adventure. She shouts a spell and the wand shoots out unicorns. They trample Toffee and he falls to the ground helplessly.

"Poison crystal cupcake kiss" she yells, hitting him square in the face. Toffee gets up from the ground, swaying. As if he was hypnotized.

"I won't hurt you," Toffee says "Just wake up" and he vanishes. A red ukulele takes his place. The guards also, disappear and Marco falls; comically, mid-kick. The girl picks up the ukulele. She's too confused to be cheering.

And then he wakes up...

Author's Note:

This chapter is 926 words long. My longest chapter yet. I'm tired. 

lol I need a break,

Kiwii