The Fourth Dream

Marco's Pov:

I don't know what happened...What did Toffee mean? Does she need to wake up? Is she a real person? I'm so confused... I don't know why I'm trying to read into this so much. This isn't a Korean drama. There is no way possible that she's real. She doesn't even have a name.

I woke up, confused and drained. The sunlight peeks through the blinds, causing parallel lines of light on my face. It's the weekend. And I know I should get up but, I want to go back. It's like she's constantly pulling me away from reality. It's unhealthy. I should probably get up.

I stretch my arms up while turning my body to the edge of the bed. My feet land on the cold, wooden floor. And the house is suspiciously silent. It feels so empty...

-

Star's Pov:

He's gone already. I take out my ukulele and I wait. I don't know what to do. Toffee wants me to wake up and he's not giving up. I don't want to wake up. I'm happy here. I'm strong and free.

"Toffee, wait for me!" I laugh while chasing him in the snow.

"Stop calling me that, Star" he shouts while continuing to run. His wavy red hair is sparkling and his back slowly shrinks. Till it's almost nonexistent.

"Please wait for me..."

I finally trip and my face falls into the snow. It's so cold. I can feel the tears welling in my eyes. I look up to see Toffee right in front of me. He pulls me up and smiles.

"Don't be such a baby"

I remember the good old times. I know he just wants to protect me but, I don't need to go back. Because I'm so happy with Marco. 

Suddenly, a portal appears and I see him. His red hoodie look and freshly washed hair. 

"Ready to fight monsters?" He asks while running towards me. He isn't shrinking away. He's getting closer and closer. In this world I'm strong. He's not my bodyguard he's my partner. When I trip I don't cry. I get up and I walk it off. 

"I'm ready"

Author's Note:

I haven't updated for a whole month because I lazyyyyyyy. Also this chapter is only 351 words so sorry for that. I'll try to be more active,

Kiwii