Chapter 2: Mission Briefing

Chapter 2: Mission Briefing A meeting is taking place in the Godzilla Memorial Lounge

A meeting is taking place in the Godzilla Memorial Lounge. Four Members of the Yamane Project participated this urgent gathering. Miki Saegusa, founder of the project and ESP expert. M11, android of the future who prefers to be in the past and deeply supports the Yamane philosophy. Patrick Wilson an amateur 20 something year old Kaijuologist. His young age and hobby isn't to be underestimated. He's the only one pursuing this hobby as a serious career and not some reddit page.

Lastly, there is Hank. The newest member of the group. Hank is actually an Xilian who wants to humanize himself. He's aware of the terrible reputation his people has and wants to break the awful stereotypes.

Ms. Saegusa turns on the screen of her phone to show the team a video. The video is taken from a security camera. The footage is unforgivably sketchy and the night vision isn't helping. In the video, a large behemoth is thrashing a power plant. It took the others awhile but Patrick can tell this was Anguirus. However, there was something vaguely different about him.

They watched the 20 second footage of Anguirus acting out of character. Eyes twirled at each other, fingers tap on the table, their chairs made awkward squeaks because nobody knew what to say.

"This is clearly some kind of mutation. Pause about five seconds in. See? Look at his arms, much longer and bulky. His nasal horn is longer. And now he is fully bipedal..." Patrick pointed all that out with just one view of the video. "And his skin has a strange purple hue."

"Do we know where he'll be landing next?" Asked Hank with a shy yet interested voice.

"No. But Godzilla seems to be chasing him..." Miki answered. Even that doesn't help because Miki has idea where Godzilla is. Their mental bond has been weakening recently. Perhaps Godzilla has gained a stubborn resistance to psychic abilities.

"That's strange. The Godzilla species tends to pursue only members of their family. This to me, is like the equivalent to someone searching for a lost puppy." Patrick said.

"Well, Anguirus is like a brother to Godzilla. It would only make sense for him to actually give a shit about Anguirus." Hank suggested.

"Yea, I can see that, now that you mentioned it." Patrick rubbed his chin, wondering if Anguirus has gone rouge.

"The only thing we can do is to track him down. Possibly reverse this mutation" Said M11. "I've made some slightly unreliably calculations...There is a chance of this being a natural stage of evolution for this creature. The Earth is changing, as the Earth changes so will some our wildlife including monsters...."

"Even so, Anguirus is clearly a threat." Hank said while zooming in on the paused footage.

"Is it just going to be the four of us?" Asked Patrick.

"Afraid so. Not many other members of the team could do this. " Miki clutched her palms. Many had given up hope on this team, some have quit or went against her....

"What about Belvera? " Hank said, slightly excited but is expecting disappointment.

Miki shakes her head. "Sad to say that she is taking the death of her sisters very hard."

"...Oh" Hank said under his breath.

"The four of us will need transportation. Unfortunately, I am in the works of remodeling some vehicles. Hank, do you think you can use your Xilian ship?" M11 asked discreetly.

"Thought you'd never ask, Mr. Robot. Yes, we can use it. It's fast but without any idea were both monsters are, we'll be travelling blind..."

Tomorrow morning. The team will head out to investigate and possibly prevent any further causalities.