Naruto's Return to the Leaf

~CHAPTER 1~

Naruto's POV

I was back in the leaf village and had spoken to all my old friends, except Hoshiko. I loved her and not a day that I didn't think of her ever went by. I was walking to the floral shop, and saw Ino working.

"Hey Naruto! I didn't know you were back already!!!" Ino exclaimed happily. Ino's parents owned the floral shop. A family business you could say. Today she was working in the shop.

"Yeah, the training was hard, but I did it!" I said as I looked around. "Pervy sage sure is strict. He really worked me hard!"

"So what are ya looking for Naruto? Anything specific?" Ino asked as she walked around the work counter.

"Um... do you have any roses, or something like that?" I asked as I bent over to look at some flowers labeled "orchids".

"Yeah, over here!" Into aid as she directed me to the corner of the shop. and sure enough it was roses galore. "Any color in mind?"

"Red will do." I said as I looked around.

"Are you sure? We have yellow, orange, even purple!" She said a she gestured to a bunch of multi colored roses.

"Yeah, I'm positive I just want red." I said. as I stretched out my back. I just wanted to her out here so I could see Hoshiko.

"OK, a full bouquet I take it?"

"Yep!" I said as I watched her pick out a bouquet of perfect, red roses.

"You know, roses are a symbol of love... who are they for?" Into asked as she looked at me funny.

I blushed. "Ino! I just wanted to get them for a friend..." I replied. "I haven't seen my friend in a while so I wanted to get them some roses for a gift."

"Just messin' with ya Naruto." Ino said as she held onto the bouquet.

"Here..." I said as I handed her the money from my frog wallet.

"here ya are, a bouquet of our best red roses!" Ino exclaimed as she handed them to me. "Please come again!"

"Thanks Ino!"

"No problem!" she said as she went back behind the counter. I finally left the shop and began walking to Hoshiko's house. I couldn't wait to see her.

I walked past crowds of people, and stopped to chat with some old friends I haven't seen in three years. I finally reached her house and took a deep breath as I stood by the door. I knocked three times.

To my surprise Haru opened the door. "Why hello Naruro! Glad to see you're back in the village!" He said with a smile. I hid the flowers behind my back in case Hoshiko was around. "So how was the training?"

"Great! I've grown really strong!" I said with a grin.

"Was Master Jiraiya a good sensei?" Haru asked.

"Yeah... So is Hoshiko around?" I asked, eager to see her.

Just then, Haru's grin faded and he looked as if I said something offensive. "Why don't you come in..."