Chapter 5

"OK. It's cool." Matt started saying.

I was just frightfully walking back from him and then I sat down on the couch. I started to hyperventilate.

"*breathe* *breathe* Is it warm in here?" I said.

"It's... Maybe I should open a window." he said.

I was just thinking so deeply in my mind right now. What has this all come to? My heart was racing, my head was hurting so much right now, and I thought I could cry... Why... Matt? Matty was my best friend! I've known him like... Forever! We did everything together! Have sleepovers, talk about his photo taking and how he did it so constantly, say french words, and eat Razzles together! What happened...

"I need fresh air! And a glass of water! And a fluffy pillow!" I screamed to him.

Matt looked a little freaked out a little and then he started walking back saying

"Oh! OK! Coming right up! Sorry..." he said and then he walked into his kitchen to get me a glass of water and a fluffy pillow from his room. He came back with all the items and we walked out to his porch (he lived in a really tall building with one). Then he gave me the pillow and then the glass of water and I gulped it down like a drain. I was also hugging my pillow very tightly... It was fluffy :)

Matt was staring at me as I was sitting down enjoying my water and fluffy pillow. Then when I was done he said

"Jenna, I think you should go back to your apartment. Come on, I'll help you find it."

I nodded at him with my mouth full of water as I finished the glass.

Matt started to walk me back home and he was explaining to me about what happened between us and how we grew apart. He was saying

"Jenna, our lives went separate ways. We went to different colleges. Different careers."

"What about Christmas? Didn't you wanna see me then?" I asked.

Matt was staggering as he kept saying "I, I," and he finally said.

"I think I saw you through a frosted window once, six years ago."

"Six years ago?!" I replied. "Yeah." he said.

"Wasn't I home last Christmas?" I asked.

"Jenna, I don't know. Doesn't your crowd do Saint Barts for Christmas? I don't know." he said.

I just stared down at the street floor sadly as were walking when Matt stopped at a building and said

"Is this you?" he asked.

I looked up at the building and recognized it! It's the building from where I was in this morning! This is the one!

"Yeah... This is where I live now..." I said glumly.

We both walked to the front of the entrance of the building and stopped just a little. Matt was putting his hand on a wall and laid on it while I was looking through my purse for a key when Matt said

"Okay, so nice seeing you. Good luck. Okay?" Matt said trying to actually say that he was leaving now. I stared at him a little disappointed that he wanted to leave now and I said.

"OK..."

"Bye." Matt said and then I said "Bye." too. But right when he was about to leave I stopped him and said "Matt!"

He stopped and looked back at me waiting for me to say something.

"Who is Saint Bart?" I asked.

Ha... Ridiculous that I'd even ask him that but it worked! Because now he's in my apartment with me! He was interested in how my apartment looked saying "This is pretty neat, Jenna. I should take a picture of this place one day." I laughed a little when he said he wanted to take a picture of my apartment. Soon he was looking through my shelves looking through all the books and magazines of Poise when he stumbled onto something.