1.

A/N: Hi! I'm a student in college who loves fan fiction! I've been reading fan fiction since I was in middle school. In fact, I love it so much that I've decided to do my Senior Thesis on how awesome the fan fic community is! I'm writing my first fan fic as a part of my thesis so please feel free to respond to any questions I post at the end of my stories! (will be under A/N) 

Disclaimer:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 1:

The first time I saw him, it was at, of all places, the grocery store. I'd gone to pick up some bread and joined the checkout line with only one person-a boy a little taller than me with black, spiky hair, an earring, and a leather jacket. He had a cart full of groceries. He was also arguing with the cashier.

"All of these f-ing coins and you mean to tell me I'm still out of sort?" My eyebrows shot up at the British accent. The cashier looked at him, bored.

"Yes sir," She said in a flat voice. "You need three more dollars and twenty-three more cents." He stared angrily at his wallet. Impatient, I grabbed $5 from my pocket and gave it to the cashier.

"Here." I said. "This should cover us both."

He glared at me as the cashier rung us up.

"I have money." He said defensively.

"Of course you do, but I'm tired and want to go home." I told him.

"I just don't understand how to convert everything yet." He continued on. "I'm a foreigner." I barely refrained from rolling my eyes.

Obviously, I thought.

"Google is a wonderful invention." I said sarcastically. He gaped at me as I pushed past him and out into the street.

A/N:

How long have you been reading fan fiction?

Zayn Malik AU. This story has nothing to do with Zayn! Only his physical traits are used in this story. This is FICTION. Thoughts and feelings of characters don't represent mine or others. All Rights Reserved ©xxbabyxox 2017