How It All Started

Makayla
Today is the first day of school and I really don't want to go. I could name plenty of reasons why I don't want to go but it's almost 6am and I should be getting up to get dressed so I won't miss the bus. As I get up out my comfy California king size bed I grab my phone to check my Instagram. Usually when I check my instagram I have a couple likes on old pictures and a few follow request but on this morning I had 44 direst messages from people I didn't even know. I didn't bother to open any of them. I walked across my room and went into my closet to pick out my outfit. Even though it was the first day of school I didn't want to out dress my self. I grabbed my grey Nike sweat suit and black high top Air Forces. I laid my clothes across my bed and went into the bathroom. As I looked at my self in the mirror I thought about my Mom. When I was younger she always woke me up on the first day of school and got me excited. I miss her every day and I wish she could just come home. I put my long straight hair into a pony tail and a shower cap on top of my head and got into the shower. Usually I would take a 30 minute shower but today I had to speed up the process because it was already 6:15 and I had to be at my bus stop by 6:45. As I got out the shower my phone vibrated on my dresser rapidly, signaling it was my oldest brother Dre texting me. I had to get dressed quickly so I payed it no mind. I grabbed my phone off my dresser and picked up my Gucci book bag by my closet and headed downstairs. I hugged my grandma goodbye as she sipped her morning tea in the kitchen then I headed out the front door to my bus stop.

Malik
First day of school was never a big deal to me. The fresh out fits and new looks was nothing. Just another day to live to me and my boys. As I got out my bed I grabbed my glock 40 and looked out my window. That was my normal routine. I grabbed my phone off my dresser and walked into my closet. It usually took me a good minute to figure out what I wanted to wear. SchoolBoyQ 'Gangbangin' caught my attention as I looked through my clothes. It was my boy Teeko.
"Yo waddup cuh" I answered.
"Ima be pulling up at ya crib in 3 minutes, be on the look out."
"Aii cousin." I hung up the phone and continued to look through my clothes. I grabbed my black Balmain jeans, a black Tommy Hilfiger polo shirt and master 12 retro Jordan's. I walked back over to my window to see Teeko sitting in his car. I walked in my bathroom and sat my clothes on the toilet seat. As I walked out my room to go open the front door I heard my grandmother coughing. The smell of the Newport cigarette burning turned my stomach upside down. I shook my head and continued towards the door. I peeked out the side window clutching the trigger to my gun to see nobody except Teeko. I unlocked all 5 of the locks and slung the door open welcoming him into my house. We got to my room and I shut the door so we wouldn't wake anyone in the house with our loud laughters. Teeko sat on the side of my bed and I walked into the bathroom turning on my speaker to play SchoolBoyQ.
"You still hittin Ashley cousin?" Teeko broke the silence as he scrolled on his phone.
"I ain't hit that in 2 days but I'm trynna smash Destiny now."
"Nigga ain't they friends?" He looked up with a smirk.
"HELL YEAH" I burst out into laughter. "Lemme get fresh so we can get up outta here cuh."
I walked into the bathroom and did a lil dance in the mirror and then hopped in the shower. Once I got dressed I walked out the bathroom to find Teeko smoking a blunt on my bed. "Lemme hit that jib." I said as I put my dirty clothes in a basket. He passed me the blunt and I walked in my closet to get my shoes. I sat in a chair beside my bed to enjoy the 4 hits I got before passing it back to him.
"You seen that new shorty that go to ya school cousin?"
"Nah lemme see her tho"
He flashed a picture in front of me and I mean DAMN she looked good.
"Who the hell is that !? " I said in excitement as I tied my shoes.
"Nigga shutup and c'mon I gotta quick trap before I drop you off." I grabbed my phone out the bathroom and slid it in my pocket then walked over to my dresser and grabbed my scale, bag of weed, gun, money, and flag and headed out my room.
"Hold up cuh, lemme get a cig from my grandma." I yelled through the house to Teeko. I walked softly in my grandmothers room to find her smoking a cigarette in bed.
"Yo Nana, lemme get a port before I go to school please."
"On the dresser baby."
I got 1 cigarette out the box and kissed her cheek.
"I love you nana, I'll see you when I get home aii?" I said as walking out her room. Lord forbid something happen to that women I'll loose my self in the pain.