The New Composer

"Hi!" The girl said. "Are you looking for a member and composer for your school idol club, boku?"
     "Yeah, I am looking for a member," replied Maria. "But, why do I need a composer?"
     "Well, all school idol clubs need composers, boku," explained the girl. "Their job is to compose music for the club."
     "Wait, you need to write your own songs to be a school idol?" asked Maria, and the girl nodded. Maria layed down lazily on the bench. "Damn it! I can write the lyrics, but I don't know how to play a single instrument!"
     Giggling, the girl said, "Silly, that's why I wanted to join your club and be the composer. It's always been my dream to be one, boku!"
     "Brilliant!" said Maria, relieved. "You're in, uh....what was your name again?"
     Giggling again, the girl said,"I'm Reina, boku! Sorry, I have a habbit of saying boku."
     "Just like when Hanamaru said zura!" muttered Maria, and Reina, confused, said, "What was that?"
     "Oh, nothing," said Maria quickly. "I'm Maria! Thanks so much for joining Reina! It really means a lot."
     "No, no!" said Reina, a bit nervous. "I'm the one who should thank you for letting me join, boku. I think my dreams can come true now! So, how many members are you aiming to have, boku?"
     "Members?" asked Maria. "Hmm, I'm thinking, nine! So, where's our first song?"
     "Well," said Reina. "Where are the lyrics?"
     "Lyrics?" asked Maria, confused. "Aren't you supposed to write them?"
     "Unfortunately, no," said Reina apologeticly. "I'm the composer, boku. Composers make songs from lyrics or lines that the boss writes."
     "So," said Maria. "I'm the one who has to write the lyrics?"
     "Well, yes. Unless you don't want to and there's someone else in this group that does want to, you can leave it to them. But not the composer though."
     "WHAT? NO!" shouted Maria, attracting attention from people nearby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here!" said Maria, placing a piece of parchment on a classroom desk.
     Reina looked surprised and started reading the lyrics out loud:

We all know that failure's not an option
But do we know that we can prevent it?
All we need is hard work and high exasparation

     "Exasparation?" grinned Reina. "Is that even a real word?"
     "I'm no good ar ryhming okay?" said Maria grumpily. "If your wondering what I mean by ryhme, just read on."

Trust me, it'll lead us in the right direction
So don't let your hopes down
Just keep going on
Don't give up and you'll achieve your dreams
You will someday

     "Okay, not bad for a beginner like you," said Reina. "But why don't you add a little of... I don't know, maybe add some boku in this song?"
     "Add some boku?" asked Maria who was once again confused. "It doesn't even have a meaning. How do you add the word boku into the song if we don't know what it means?"
     "Silly, Maria," chuckled Reina. "Adding a bit of boku is like, having a bit of tune. Maybe add some lalala or hohoho, or kokoro or something."
     "So, we need a beat for the song, huh?" said Maria, and Reine thought she had understood until she said, "I don't get it."
     "Okay, maybe I should write the lyrics then, boku," grinned Reina. "But we can't let your work go to waste."
     "True, but it will be a waste if no one will listen to it," said Maria lazily. "We have no place to perform the song! And it's too early to enter a Live! And-"
     "Whoah, whoah, whoah! Stop!" said Reina. "Did you just say, Live?"
     "Y-yes, yes I did," muttered Maria. "Why?"
     "It's always been a dream of mine," said Reine, "to have songs that I composed perform in a Live."
     "Well, me too," said Maria, interested. "But unfortunately we don't have enough members to enter."
      "But how do we get people to join our club?" asked a desperately desperate Reina with a desperate-to-know kind of look.
     Both of their attentions then turned to the notice board. The only poster other than the school idol clubs advertisement is a singing competition advertisement. The poster read:

Singing Competition Event

Welcome to a new year in Harikata Girls School! It is time to hold a special event, a singing competition. If you're interested in participating, please tell the student council president or the vice student council president. Here are their names.

Student Council President
Sharine Narissa

Vice Student Council President
Arina Junova

Sincerely,
Norila Hikoa
(Harikata Girls School Principal)

     "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" asked Maria excitedly. And they both responded: "We're gonna get members to join our club by showing them how exciting it is to be a school idol!"