Prologue

Late night talks with best friends, wild parties, cheating on the math test you weren't quite prepared for. Heartbreak, sneaking out with the boy you think you're in love with, and of course the burning desire to be accepted by everyone so badly that it will make you do anything like giving up your innocence to a boy just so he won't break your heart or starving yourself and shoving your fingers down your throat just to feel pretty and skinny.

These are the teen years. The next four years will consist of laughs, tears, stress, hormones, and memories. And this, my darling, is high school, also acceptably known as Hell.

Don't think just because you watched all three "High School Musical" movies you're automatically ready for this, because chances are, you're not. Disney Channel did not prepare you for this horror story. We're not "all in this together".

Don't get me wrong, high school isn't all that bad, and it's not as stereotypical as people make it out to be. Nobody really cares who you are or what you are. It's one of those "if you don't mess with me, I won't mess with you" kind of deals.

Of course there are popular people who usually just happen to be jocks and cheerleaders. Then there are the other people who are annoying and pretty much just weird as fuck.

But what about the people in between? The ones who aren't popular, but aren't necessarily unpopular by any means. They go to all the parties, but on occasion are considered "nobodies". Well that's the category my friends and I fall under.

I call us the Inbetweeners. We're all just enjoying our time together while being forced to go to school. Not dropping out only because it's a necessity to succeed in life.

We're all just a bunch of reckless teenagers who use music and dreams as an escape from the world. We're mindless runaways waiting for that next big step into an unknown place that our parents like to call the "real world".

Until that day comes we'll be here together, not knowing where the hell we're going or what the hell we're doing. Just enjoying the roller coaster that is life. And we're going to live in the moment, make mistakes, and make as many memories as we possibly can, leaving our legend behind for the future generation of teenage nobodies to come.

(If you're reading this thank you so much!! I hope it's good, if you don't like it I'm sorry, but I'm not. To be honest, I don't really give a fuck because I'm working my ass off on this anyway! But read and vote! Comment what you think! xx)