Chapter 2

Tonight there was a bonfire to kick off the beginning of the new school year. Not that we're celebrating, it's just an excuse for a party. The whole way, my friends and I were singing along to random songs at the top of our lungs. But I couldn't help but think about my dream, and how simple it seemed. How easy it seemed to get out of this mess and start a new life; somewhere different where no one knew who I was.

Suddenly, I was brought out of my thoughts by an uncalled for, and automatic halt of the car due to the unsatisfying driving of Ally Walters.

"Jesus Christ Ally!  I swear, one day you're going to fucking kill us" Shae laughed, fixing her blonde hair from the previous moment when all of our lives flashed before our eyes.

"Yeah, and when you do I'm going to come back and haunt you, " Eleanor joined in on Shae's comment about Ally's driving.

"Shut up and get out of my car. Y'all will be aloud to complain when you get your license," Ally shot back.

I laughed and looked over at her, "Ally... You don't even have you're license anymore."

"Well, it's not my fault there are so many laws and I just happen to disagree with them. I like to party," she said as she got out of the car. Shae and I did the same, and followed behind Ally to the rest of our group that was standing away from a crowd that was gathered around a bunch of dumbass freshmen, that shouldn't even be here, trying to do who knows what with the huge fire.

I adjusted my shirt as we got closer to all my perfect, skinny friends, that didn't even have to try to look perfect. Thank God I didn't eat today. When we reached them I nonchalantly crossed my arms over my stomach, hoping no one would notice my insecurity, and put on the biggest smile I could for my favorite people in the world.

"Hey bitches! What's up!" I greeted them; our normal way of saying hi to each other, through insults. I grabbed a beer out of the cooler behind the barn we were standing next to.

"Blair! There's this really hot guy here, and I've never seen him before; well, obviously, because he's new, I guess. But he's really hot!" Cory started to go on, excited about this new guy at our school who would probably end up being a douche anyway.

"Yeah, he's hot, but he's a little weird though. I met him earlier because he was with Dillion and he would always go blank and, like, start starring into space. Like he's thinking really hard about something," Ashlyn commented. Dillion Kinsey is Ashlyn's boyfriend

"Ashlyn, don't even lie to yourself, you know you're interested! I mean, sorry, but he's a hundred times better looking than you're boyfriend," Charlotte, who we all call "Char", said.

"Yeah, well at least I'm getting laid, so fuck all you bitches!" Ashlyn laughed and so did all of us. I was curious to see who this guy was and what he looked like.

"Where is he? And who'd he come with?" I asked looking around to find any unfamiliar faces.

"Ummm...", Lydia looked around in search of this "new guy", "he's over there sitting on the hood of Dillion's car. He came with Landon, Dillion, and Charlie. I guess they all rode together? His name is Ryder Williams I think."

I looked behind me and at the sight of Charlie, Landon, Dillion, and Ryder Williams walking toward us. He was gorgeous, but let's be real, I need to come to terms with reality. It won't happen. As they got closer, I found myself crossing my arms over my stomach again. Habit of the insecure.

"Hey guys this is Ryder! He's new", Landon introduced us, and all the girls replied with a cute "hey" as if we didn't know anything about him. As we were all giving our introductions and talking about the events of our summer, a fight broke out, and instinctively, everybody crowded around to watch. After the guy on top made a few drunken blows to his opponent's face, I walked away and went to grab another drink from the barn, clearly knowing who was going to come out as the winner of this fight.

As I clumsily turned around, drink in hand, I felt my body collide with another, making the contents of the drink spill all over the person's hard chest.

"I am so sorry!", I automatically said, looking up to see who it was. And of course, it just had to be Ryder Williams.

He laughed, "No big deal, everyone gets vodka spilt on them at some point in their life," I laughed with him, as my cheeks burned bright red from the humiliation. I think he could tell the level of my embarrassment, so he gave me a warm smile and broke the awkward silence.

"Blair Hemmings, right?", he asked, still smiling. His light brown eyes looking straight into mine.

"Just call me Blair. Ryder Williams, right?", I asked, already knowing the answer to that question.

"Correct," he said smiling again, making me blush. He noticed, and took his lip between his teeth, causing me to forget what we were even talking about. If this was even an actual conversation. "Why aren't you out there watching the fight?

"They happen all the time. I was watching, but it was pretty clear who the winner was going to be, and I wanted another drink. So, after a long, hard debate over whether I should continue watching the predictable or get wasted, I chose what's probably the base to most of my problems... Which ended up all over you...", I laughed and he joined in. The sound was like music and his smile was so pretty.

"Well, I blame you, and you're buying me a new shirt.", Ryder said, pointing at the wet mark on his chest. People were starting to crowd and spread out again, indicating that the fight was over.

"You said is wasn't a big deal, so, I don't owe you anything," I laughed, "Anyway, why weren't you watching?"

He put his hands in his pockets and shrugged, "I've seen plenty, been in plenty." Hot, adorable laugh, funny, and a possible bad boy reputation. This guy was getting more and more attractive by the minute.

"Ryder!", Dillion called over to him. We both looked over at him, then I looked back up at the guy basically towering over me. I didn't even notice how tall and lean he was until now.

"Well, I guess that's my cue. Um, I guess I'll see you at school. Maybe we'll have a class together?", he said looking down at me as I looked up at him.

Hope so. "Yeah! That'd be cool," I said trying not to sound too hopeful.

He brought his lip between his teeth again, making me want to jump on him and make out with him right here at this minute. "Alright, I'll see you later Blair." He gave one last smile before he turned on his heels, leaving me to think about his smile, his adorable laugh, and the way he sexily brought his lip between his teeth.

(So I hope everyone likes the update. And like I said before, I'm still wanting to make this rated R, but I will once things start to heat up, so make sure you save it to your library. Also, if you want to know what the characters look like, look at the sidebar when you read the story on the computer. Ryder Williams is supposed to look like Dylan O'Brien. Vote and comment! I really want to know what people are thinking, and if you have any suggestions. Goodnight xx.)