Beauty and the Geek

The biggest geek in our school Amber Liu has now become my roommate! What worse can happen in my life other than that?

I don't really know Amber in person but what I've heard from other friends she's really is a geek. Supposedly geeks are smart but she's not, she always manages to be on the top 5 but it's from the bottom up top 5. Also the way she dresses, messed up boy cut hairstyle, thick frames and the usual boyish clothing. Ugh! Degusting and no fashion sense at all. I seriously do not understand how she lives her life looking like that. As the princess of the Jung's family, whom is raised well, I've learned not to judge a book by its cover. But sometimes the book cover does tell whether if the book is interesting or not.

I was sitting on my bed unpacking my clothing while disgustingly staring at the tomboy who is sitting 5 metres away. Sitting on her chair she cautiously placed her action figurines on her little study desk. There were figurines that were 10cm tall and some were like 6cm tall but most of them are female figurines with large . I shivered at the thought of living with this geek for a year.

This gonna be my worse year of school.

I've been living with this geek for a week now and the words we exchange were only a simple "Hi" or a nod. Practically most of the time I'm not in my room, I'm only there to sleep while the geek spend most of her time in that room.

I wonder if she has any friends at all.

We never had a conversation which exceeded more than 5 words simply because we have nothing in common and talking to her just makes me feels like a geek too. But things have changed from the time I've discover her crush for a senior in our school, Victoria Song. By accident I saw her photo album filled with paparazzi photos of Victoria unnie and immediately I know what's this geek is feeling.

I'm not really good friends with Victoria unnie but my best friend Sulli is and that's how I get to know Victoria unnie. Even though we only meet a few times for lunch but she gives me a feeling of someone who is kind, friendly and cute. Any girls would want to be friends with her and any guys would love to have her as a girlfriend. I hate to admit but she's perfect! Have a pretty face, great body and great personality. Such a pretty girl will never end up with this geek here and most of all they are both girls.

"Hey geek just give up, Victoria unnie will never like a geek like you." I gave Amber a friendly advice while I flip through her Victoria photo album that I snatched off her. This was my first time speaking more than 5 words to her.

After hearing that she gave up fighting back the photo album. She silently slammed herself on her bed and burying her face in the pillow.

"I know! I know what everyone thinks of me. A disgusting geek, but I can't help what I'm feeling towards this girl." Amber mumbled through her pillow which I barely could hear.

At this very moment I felt sorry for this geek, it's not like geek aren't human but why we all look at them differently? I do get angry too when people say I'm cold and arrogant behind my back. Somehow I regretted saying stuffs that has hurt the geeks in this universe.

Sorry but I was immature back then.

As an apology to the geeks I decided to be nice and treat this geek to dinner. A smile formed on her face, she stared at me with her watery eyes which hid behind her thick glasses in disbelieve. After confirming that I'm not fooling her she immediately got up and we went to the nearest restaurant near our dorm. There wasn't much of a choice so we just went to Mc Donald's and I brought the two of us a meal each. We sat there face-to-face silently eating our burgers and listening to the broadcast radio. It was extremely awkward as the two of us have nothing to talk about.