Chapter Three

A tall, thin man stood in the living room, he's head snapping towards the door. His dark blue eyes stared down at her in an unfriendly sort of way.

But she knew better.

"Hey, Matt." She said, throwing her backpack on the couch.

"Hey, Squirt." He step-brother replied, giving patting her head and messing it up in the process. "Where's..."

The door slammed open, revealing Allen who had his baseball bat at hand. He cussed immediantently once he saw Matt. He threw his weapon on the couch like Alma had done with her backpack.

"I thought someone had broken into the house when I saw the lights on!" He yelled at his step-brother. Of course, he had said that with a string of cusses.

Matt gave a shrug, not even apologizing.

"You've been a real idiot lately, you know that?" Matt replied, swinging his hockey stick a little. "They know, Al."

Allen's face went from rage, to instant worry. All color drained from his face. Looking towards his sister with his mouth open, he swallowed, before saying:

"Alma, get your skinny butt out of here and go feed that stupid polar bear Matt brought with him."

Obeying, she hurried out of the house through the back door. The yard was the only place near her house that could have a giant bear like Kuma in it.

"Kuma!" She said happily, jumping on the white, furry creatures back. It gave a snort and a huff, sniffing up at her. She noticed the blood dripping from his muzzle. He had been fed recently. Probably something Matt hunted.

She scratched his ears, thinking. What could have possibly gotten her brother so mad?

Author's note: I'm sorry for such a short chapter...I'm getting writer's block...I promise I'll come out with more later! Thank you for reading!