Chapter 1

It was the first day back after the most boring six weeks of school ever. The weather was awful it rained near enough everyday, the odd occasion it would let the sun pop its head out of the big grey dull clouds.

"Jess, Emma I've miss you's so much" reaching out to a big group hug

"Hey soph!" Jess screamed excitedly running towards me about a metre away from me.

"Sophie" Emma said in a calm tone with a big smile across her face.

We all hugged, we didn't see each-other that much during the holidays because of the outdoor weather.

We had to quickly rush to first period as quick as possible cause we was on the bottom floor nearest to science but we had to be in Art on the top floor.

We managed to get there without getting one detention luckily we didn't would of been a bad start to the new year.

I started to write my date into my book then i realised it was my mums birthday in a weeks time. I then had to think of things she had said or had an interest in lately... I was thinking about it all day until i got home just incase she would suspect something.

I ran to my room slamming my door. Quickly logging onto my laptop and going through things i could go out and pick up or order. It got to half six and it was getting near to my tea time, i had to start my new homework. It takes forever but i managed to get through it without getting a big headache from all the stress i had put on myself since first lesson. I needed sleep...

These were the least of my problems. I had only been back in school for about two weeks when things started to flip upside down.

Emma fell ill. I was scared what was going to happen to her.

It was a month later and she wasn't making any sign she was getting better she was just getting worse... I went to see her two weeks after i got told, i went with Jess to give Emma the most support. To be honest she needed it.

We walked into her room finding her curled up into the corner of the bed with her laptop facing her.

"Emma, its us Sophie and Jess." "Are you okay?"

"Im f-fine..."

Jess spoke quickly after.

" you don't sound very well and your voice trembled, please tell us whats going on..."

"W-well i was when i c-came home from s-school a few weeks ago."

"What happened at school?"

"A bunch of older students in the years above us cornered me. I was scared but tried not to express it on my face they were calling me names and hitting me like pushing my shoulder into to hard brick corridor walls. They followed me ever were i went. They finally done what they came for....beat me up, i don't mean just a little kick or scratch i mean full on punches hard kicking and hit me with things."

These were Emma's bullies...

A tear streamed down her fast more than five seconds after telling us the story.

"Thats why I've not been in school. I was bleeding when i got home and my mum was worried. She wanted me safe before anything else happened."

We was speech-less...

"They have been sending me messages, they thought i was dead they have been posting it all over Facebook..."

She turned her laptop towards us to show the horrible comments they had left. Some said;

'I hope she died she was an ugly slut anyway!'

'Amazing, she's finally dead!'

'Glad we done what we done, i can have a nice school day now with out seeing her ugly face!'

They were horrible.

We helped her turn the computer off and comfort her by cuddling her lightly because of her bruises and cuts. Anything that will get them bullies of her mind. She fell asleep watching t.v. so we though we'd best go.

I tried to think about other things but Emma's story was just scaring me and making me more conscious of Emma's heath.

Hope they leave her alone when she goes back...