Chapter 2

All the way back to her apartment, Jessica couldn't stop thinking about Sportacus and Joshua. It was pretty obvious that Sportacus can't take care of Joshua without a mother figure, but he looked like a man who will try everything so he could do it by himself. She also wondered if he will actually consider using her help as she suggested. When she came to the front door of her building, a woman came behind her with some grocery bags. She was an Asian woman and wore a short red dress and her hair was pulled up into a ponytail.

"Thank you for holding the door for me." The woman told Jessica.

"You're welcome."

"Hey, don't you the new neighbour from the second floor?" she asked.

"Yeah, that's me. Oh, my name is Jessica, by the way." Jessica said and held out her hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Trixie. I'm living with my husband right above your apartment." Trixie told her and shook her hand.

"Great. You know, you're the first neighbour I met, and you seem really nice..." Jessica said and the two began to walk the stairs.

"Do you need any help with the bags?" she asked Trixie.

"No, no, it's alright. Have you met any other citizens already?" Trixie asked.

"Um, yeah, some... I met the mailman..." Jessica began to say.

"Oh, that's nice."

"Yeah... And I also got to meet that guy, Sportacus." She told her, and then Trixie froze.

"You already met Sportacus?" Trixie asked surprised.

"Y-Yes... I just passed next to his house right when he came out..." Jessica explained.

"Oh..." Trixie said and became silent.

'She must be a friend of him...' Jessica thought to herself.

"Well, here we are, the second floor. It was nice meeting you Trixie." Jessica said and left to her apartment.

She got a little shocked when she opened the door because she forgot she hadn't unpacked yet. So she only decided to move a box of clothes to her bedroom, but still unpacked it.

She then picked up her phone and dialled a number.

"Hey, Lacey! What's up?" she asked her cousin over the phone.

"Hey, Jess! How are you doing in your new place?" Lacey asked.

"Pretty great, except that I've just realized how many boxes I have to unpack tomorrow." Jessica told her.

"Really? How many?"

"A LOT! I don't have enough energy for that! Can you please come tomorrow with Brian or something and help me, ple-e-ease?" Jessica pleaded her cousin.

"No way, that's your problem. But don't you have any hot neighbour who can help with this?" Lacey joked.

"Actually, there is a guy like that, but I can't ask for his help." Jessica told her.

"And why not? Are you too shy?" Lacey teased her.

"No. He was widowed two weeks ago, so I don't think it's the right time." Jessica sighed.

"Aww, poor thing." Lacey said and then paused.

"You know what, I'll come tomorrow to help, but only if you'll tell me more about him." She demanded.

"Ugh, alright!"

*****

It was 10pm and Sportacus couldn't sleep because of Joshua. He tried everything – and twice!