Chapter 7

The time passed by. It was already November, and Sportacus and Jessica made it through the months without telling anybody about their relationship.

Jessica also had been doing really great as a teacher. All her students got really good grades and they all loved her. From time to time she brought her guitar to her lessons when she felt they have studied too much and they were just singing and relaxing from the studies. She also gained popularity in the teachers' lounge. They all liked her – except for the teachers who taught her students last year, who were jealous that she was more successful than them.

But while her job went really well, she had to stay away from Sportacus while in public, and that killed both of them inside! They wished they could just scream it to everyone that they are together. But until that will happen, they usually meet at Sportacus' house.

It was November 25th, Thursday, and the weather was very windy that day. Jessica was on her way home like many others after school, when she saw some children running towards the soccer field. She got a little confused but then she saw they surrounded Sportacus, asking him to play with them.

"I'm sorry, guys, but I don't think it will be a good idea to play in a weather like this." He told them and they all got sad. He looked up and he noticed that Jessica was watching them.

"And also it will take time from making your homework and that will make your teacher mad, right, Ms. Mendler?" he stood up and looked at her. All the children turned around to see her looking at them. She only nodded and smiled, and all the children ran away to their homes. Both Sportacus and Jessica burst into laughter.

"That was a little mean, don't you think?" she asked.

"Maybe, but I was right, all the weathercasts points out that it will be a very rainy and stormy weekend. Which reminds me... I was wondering if you would like to spend this weekend with me and Joshua? I mean, tomorrow is your day-off, and there's nothing that you can do in such a weather." He said when suddenly they heard a thunder.

"Just let me rush to my place to bring some things before it will rain, and I will meet you there in 10 minutes." She said and rushed to her home.

"Ok, bye!" he shouted to her and went to his home.

*****

It started to rain, so it took Jessica around 15 minutes to arrive to Sportacus' place. She rang the bell because she thought he might not hear her knocking because of the rain. At least she was smart enough to take an umbrella with her right before she left.

"Hey, come in." he opened the door and let her in.

"Thanks. Ugh, I just hate winter." She said as she closed her umbrella.

"So do I. I just don't like to stay in all day and do almost nothing. But for that I've got books and Joshua to enjoy my time inside. And of course you." He smiled and hugged her from behind.

"Wow, your hands are freezing!" he laughed.

"Oh, yeah, I know, I couldn't find my gloves." She said.

He spun her around, took her hand in his and kissed them.

"Ok, so how about you'll go and have a hot shower while I'll make us some tea?" he offered.

"Sure, I'd like that." She smiled, then took her bag with her thing and went to the bathroom.

Within 5 minutes she came back to the living room, wearing her onesie pyjama, to see Sportacus trying to calm Joshua.

"Hey, what happened?" she asked.

"The storm woke him up, but I can't calm him down." He explained.