The fith line

We drove through the town to get to the cabin. According to uncle Eli it was on the other side of town a little ways into the forest. As we drove through we saw the usually shops any town would have, and we saw strange ones as well. Including a few restaurants, some specific shops neither my sister nor I had ever heard of, and what looked to be a community radio building. Which surprised me that such a small town would have one, but we did listen to it and found that the host of the show and the music was pretty good. The only strange thing was their, well,I guess logo. It was all purple and had a figure of what I assume an alchemy symbol.
           After we passed the town and slowly got more into the forest we finally arrived at the cabin. When uncle Eli said that it had been out there and not used he literally meant it. The whole cabin was covered in vines and shrubbery crowded the entryway.

" Well when you said for a while you meant it" I said aloud as I exited the car.

" I didn't think it'd be this bad " uncle Eli mumbled.

"Well it still looks great! And is that a skylight  I see!" Val said as she got closer to the cabin.

"Way to go Val, always being positive" I grumbled as I approached the cabin. My sister was ready to  open up the place we would stay at for the next two months.

"well are you ready!?" Val asked excited already having the key in the lock.

"As I'll ever be " I replied. Val smiled at my comment and unlocked the door and pushed it open. What I expected to find was not what I found at all. Instead of it being extremely dusty and infested with bugs, plants, and wild animals like in the movies and cartoons, It was just dark. The furniture was covered in clear wrapping to help preserve them. The place didn't stink and and everything worked fine.

" Wow this is not what I expected, like at all" I said as I sat down on a wrapped piece of furniture.

" Well Di I'm not stupid, I know how to seal up a house when you don't know when your coming back" uncle Eli said. Val was still looking at wonder of all the old and new appliances all mixed together in the living room.

" Wow you have so many antiques uncle Eli!!" Val said.

" Hey they aren't just all his now" uncle Finn  said, carrying in a bag of luggage.

" Some of these are yours?" I asked.

" Yeah, I can collect stuff can't I?" There was an awkward silence that filled the room after uncle Finns comment.

"...A-anyways! your luggages still in the car kids go get it!" He said pulling the bags  further into the house.

" Oh right" I got up and headed out the door to get my luggage, Val wasn't that far behind me. We both got back into the house

" So what are our room options?" I asked.

" Well..there's the attic space and a room on the second floor that's free. Although the attic will have some junk in it" uncle Eli replied.

" I call second floor!" Val said as she raced up the steps. I slumped my shoulders knowing I'd have to carry my bags up all though's stairs. And possibly have to clean up the attic as well.

"Well maybe I'll find something up there" I say trying to give myself a positive attitude, as I start my climb.

I finally got all of my belongings up to the attic and sat down on the floor a bit tired. (Hey,traveling makes a guy tired plus having to lodge up bags of stuff). As I'm sitting I notice all the things in the attic.

" Ugh this will take forever to clean" I say begrudgingly. After a few more moments of rest I start to clean up the items  and dust  my new "room" for the summer. After some hours of cleaning and dusting I found that there was a working restroom up in the attic. As well as a bed that wasn't infested with bed bugs or anything like that( trust me I checked). Plus some odd furniture pieces that I could use. The only thing it was missing was a closet but other than that I had about everything. As I started to clean the room I also simultaneously started to put it together. I finally fell down on my bed exhausted.

" Man I'm so glad we got here early" I say to myself. My eyes slowly start to close as I drift off to sleep.

That was a long hiatus, sorry about that! Anyways I hope you like this chapter of Di and the family moving into the cabin. Enjoy the reading!
-Silver