Chapter 10

The hands wrap themselves around my waist and pull me back up to my feet gently. I turn around, fully expecting to see Martin, but it's certainly not. In front of me stands a blonde boy, with long, wavy hair that would look incredible in a man bun (yeah, I like a good man bun). He's wearing a white t-shirt and basketball shorts. His eyes are amazing, like a pool, or the ocean when it's perfectly clear, but I can't tell what color they are; when he moves, they change from blue to blue-green to green.

"You all right, babe?" he asks. I'm in shock at this beautiful boy and the fact that he just called me babe. I'm weak. Before I realize it, I'm staring. He's like an angel with his halo of blonde hair. 

"Um, yeah, thanks so much for catching me! Um, I'm Chloe."

"Great to meet you, Chloe, I'm Nathan. You're with Martin, aren't you?"

I blush. "Well, kind of, I mean, we're not together, I'm just his manager. I'm single. I mean, you know, I'm not dating him, and I don't really think he likes me at all, he says I'm like a babysitter," I ramble on.

He grins and laughs, but kindly. "I get it, it's okay. You lost him in the crowd or something?"

I laugh with him. "Yeah, that or he wants to get rid of me, and what better way than in this crowd?"

He chuckles again, and I realize he has a really amazing laugh. He really is an angel. He's tall, too, and I can see him scanning the crowd. "Hey, I think I see the cab. Can I walk you over there?"

I blush. "Um, sure, I guess." He wraps his arm around my waist before I can protest and leads me through the crowd, which isn't as aggressive as before. My body tingles at his touch, but not as much as when Martin touched me. As we duck and maneuver through the crowd, Nathan looks over at me and grins. I see the taxi almost right away, but stay with Nathan. He slips his arm from my waist and grabs my hand. 

Martin

I stand outside the cab, still looking for Chloe. The girls from the crowd are all pressed up against me, but I pay no attention to them. I feel kind of stupid looking for my babysitter. I should just get in the cab and ditch her right now. But something keeps me there. You like her, a voice in my head whispers, you don't want to lose her, and you know it, too. I growl back at the voice.

No. I just... don't want my mom pissed at me when she finds out I lost her. I scan the crowd again, finally spotting her. I smile when I see her, waving. Then my eyes travel to her hand, and I see she's holding hands with some idiot-looking blonde kid. A pang of something courses through me as I see her look up at him adoringly, like he's an angel or something.

I push the surrounding girls away and walk over to her. When I finally I make it to her, I grab her other hand, looking up at the kid who's charming her like a snake. She looks down at our hands, then up at me, and frowns, leaning towards - no, into - the blonde kid, taking her hand out of mine. "You left me, Martin. What were you thinking? I totally lost you!" I step back, amazed at her sudden bravery.

"I didn't leave you, Chloe. I didn't even mean to let go. I couldn't hold on to you, okay? You know that's a lie, what you're saying. You felt it," I stammer, the beach boy's eyes taking all my strength away. "Come on, Chloe, let's just go." I turn and stomp to the waiting taxi, not looking to see if she's coming.

How dare she say it was intentional. In my rage, I've forgotten about the fans trying to block me from entering the car. I smile and wave as I force my way through the crowd, but my smile was fake as I get in the car. Finally. That took so much longer than it needed to. Thankfully, Chloe is right behind me and jumps in and slams the door before anyone else can hop in with us. Yeah, you, blonde boy.