Chapter 8

Preston's Pov:

Choco, just looks at me with shock and I look at the ground, I was hoping he would just listen.

"Preston, you know what he has done to Pete right?" He asks Quietly.

I just nod feeling tears running down my face. I just wanted him to listen....I see his shoe in my view of the ground, then I feel his hand on my chin making me look at him.

"Preston, don't cry, I just wanted to remind you. You can like Rob all you want. I know I will support you. But he is a Mortal, you are a Magic User...I have never seen it work with a Hunter..." Choco states very quietly.

"I know about what he has done to Pete, that makes me mad...I just know I like him, I can't figure out why yet..." I whisper.

"I need to get Matt stay right here please?" Choco pleads. I nod and he runs off to get Matt.

I sit on the grass and stop the tears from running down my face.

"What you doing out here, you should be celebrating with us." I hear Rob state.

I freeze and look up at him,

"It was getting to loud, so I came out here. I don't do when in loud placed..." I state, "Choco and Matt will be out in a minute to, they just didn't want me to be alone."

"Okay...well, if you need anything ask." Rob states and I watch him walk away.

"Wait Rob!" I states standing up with a stumbling.

" Yes?" He asks.

"Why do you hate Pete so much? From what I saw he was one of the better hunters in there..." I ask softly.

Rob just looks at me for a moment and I look at the ground.

"Sorry, he just helped..." I start but he cuts me off.

"Preston, I hate Pete, he is actually the weakest physically, even weaker than Vikk. He only passed that test because of all the Mental obstacles he faced. He has no strength, what so ever. It peeves me off, all of us pass most of the physical and most of the mental. Why should he be in here...He should have gotten the Punishment for not passing. That is why I hate him, he is much punching bag and that is always how it is going to be!" Rob states and I see furry in his eyes.

I back up whispering sorry and I go to sit back down.

"Preston, be safe..." I hear him state then, him walking off.

I sit back on the ground and wait for Choco and Matt. After about 5 minutes they come and sit in front of me.

"You like Rob?" Matt asks.

I nod,

"Well Pete thinks he likes you to..." Matt states