Chapter 25

--Previous--

The "Ruler" Looks at Pete then back at the king.

"I am sorry to say, but yes,"

Pete's POV:

I stand there for a moment, staring at this man that I trust with my life.

"This evil B***ard is your brother!" I scream confusion written across my face, out ruler is so kind. This guy almost killed us.

"Look I didn't know he was the one in charge over here." the ruler states, trying to defend himself.

"Of course you didn't know! But why in the world would you send this stupid bunch to watch the village?" The king growls, talking through his teeth.

"Because we want mortals and magic's to live together!" The ruler shouts then he sees Preston.

I'm gonna be honest I kinda forgot that he was hurt as well. And now I feel like crap. The ruler runs over to Preston and I turn back to face Matt.

"Are you doing okay?" I ask him.

He nods small, his eyes fluttering open. "I'm doing okay."

I study him for a moment, he was turning a ghostly color and his hands were violently shaking. I kneel next to him and I kiss his head.

"You are not okay," I whisper.

"Princess I know, but I can't let the block down." He whispers, "Will you get me a bit closer to the king that will help a bit."

I nod and I help him stand, Then we slowly but surely make our way closer to the king. And also during that process, I start to feed Matt some of my energy, to make him a bit stronger.

"Here, I'm going to check on Preston."

Matt nods and he closes his eyes once again to focus. Then I run over to Preston, still making sure I am feeding energy to my man.

Rob's Pov:

It was wet and sticky and it was pouring out of the hole in his chest. And it wouldn't stop. And if I took the piece of wood out of his chest... I knew the flow would become even stronger.

Preston was growing weak, "babe, please, please, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to do." I whisper.

My Precious bean slowly raises his hand to cup my cheek. and wiping away the tears that I didn't realize were spilling.

"Preston, Preston! Oh thank the lord you are still awake, CHOCO help, Pete I know you are giving Matt energy, but I need your help to... Oh you are going to do both now, are you... Whatever I am not going to fight with you." I hear a voice I don't recognize, but I don't look up, and eyes are fixed on Preston.

I feel someone shake me and I look up to see Vikk and Lachlan.

"I know you're not gonna be happy with this but you need to let Preston go, Rob, we need to get out of the way of a spell that Choco, Pete, and the ruler are going to cast."

Lachlan slowly comes in front of me and, starts to take Preston away from me, and as I go to reach back for him. I feel Vikk pull me back.

"No, no wait, no." I feel myself scream, as Lachlan walks toward a group of three that I can't see, I rub my eyes to try and clear them. But I still couldn't see.

"Rob, Preston will be fine," Vikk states as he pulls me behind one of the houses. I just stare at him for a moment, Vikk just as blurry as the group of three I saw moments before. Before I know it I am back on the ground my hands covering my face.

"I can't... I can't lose him, Vikky, I can't" I hear my self scream.

Vikk moves my hands away from my face and somehow had a wet rag, dabbing it across my face. "Everything will work out, just relax"

"I can't relax, my baby is gone, and I've killed so many people... so many... Where's Preston!" I feel my heart beating out of my chest, as I start to see yellow and orange sparks flying on the other side of this magic users house.

Soon Kenny, Mitch, and Jerome show up behind the house, with a pale and limp Matt.

"What is going on over there, and I thought Matt was containing the king," Lachlan asks.

"The Ruler, Pete and Choco and combing about three different spells. If you look you can see people behind every house. No one can be caught in the crossfire of this spell. " Kenny elaborates. "And Matt was getting sick, and weak from holding the block for so long, so we combined our powers and froze him in place. Well, I think it was us. Those three combining their powers, they are already really strong magic users. So this is going to be epic."

"My Princess..." Matt starts before passing out.

"He is going to be is a lot of pain when he wakes up," Jerome mutters.

I cling onto Vikk during this whole conversation, tears streaming down my face. Then I look up and see two new colors in the magic sparks, green and red. A red one comes flying close to my face, I go to grab it and. I feel Mitch slap my hand away.

"No matter what happens, you do not touch these, understand. They may be pretty but they can kill you."

I just nod my head.

Preston please, I beg, please be okay.

"Mitch, Jerome, and Kenny! I'm so happy you guys are okay... wait these aren't magic users..." I girl's voice states.