Chapter Three: Little Bit Of Truth

Julie's POV

You should totally play Black Ops with us. If you're into gaming.

Little did Vic know that I was a huge gamer. I giggled and texted back, telling him that I would be home in a few minutes as I closed up shop with Mandy. Mandy was still freaking out that Jaime and Vic from Pierce the Veil were in the shoppe, but I could care less. I had to drive home and hope that my dad wasn't home. I pulled my keys from my messenger bag and unlocked my old Miata that my grandfather bought me when I turned sixteen. Since that was four years ago, he was long gone, and I was left with this car that held the memories of him. I loved my Miata. 

I said goodbye to Mandy and began my short journey back home. I was still a bit shaken up that the Vic Fuentes was texting me and inviting me to play video games with him online, but I tried to shake it off, knowing that I would be putting on a headset and talking with him within minutes. 

I pulled into my driveway and was relieved to notice that my father's car was not in the driveway. My mother's car, however, was, but I knew she was probably sleeping in her room. I grabbed my messenger bag and exited the car to walk into my house. I kept my keys with me just incase my dad was pissed off and I had to get away quick and trudged to my room down stairs in the furnished basement.

I turned on the TV that I bought at a yard sale and I finally grabbed my controller setting up a server for Black Ops. I texted Vic quick letting him know that I was ready to play and he texted back asking the server name. 

When I gave him the name, I noticed that him and someone else signed into the server. I put on my headset and started the game. 

"Uh…Julie? You there?" asked Vic's scratchy voice. I chuckled. 

"Yeah, I'm here." 

Vic snickered. "Cat_fetish303, huh?" Vic teased. I could hear the smirk in his voice. I blushed and looked at my username. Dammit. Well, at least I had Vic's embarrassing username as well. 

"Swinnger_swag, really, Vic?" 

Vic inhaled sharply and coughed loudly into the microphone making me blush. "Shut up." He muttered, but it only made me laugh at him. 

"And who's Turtle_the_Sith?" I asked, half knowing the answer to the question. 

"Oh. That would be Tony." 

"Hi!" Tony's voice cheered. 

"Oh, hey." I tried to say casually, trying not to sound like a little fangirl. "So, do you guys want to play against each other, or on a team?" 

"Team!" Vic whined, but Tony snorted. 

"No! Against each other." 

Vic sighed loudly as I selected the option to play against each other in a cutthroat battle. 

"I don't like this." Vic said sounding a bit pathetic, but both Tony and I laughed at him, preparing ourselves to kill each other in the animated game. 

"Shut up, Vic," Tony scolded, "and pay attention! It's almost like you're not playing-" 

"Shut up!" Vic said sharply. This shocked me a little, but my concerns dropped when Tony laughed breathily. 

'3-2-1-' the screen read. I readied my hands. Lets kill PTV!

Vic's POV

I've never really been a gamer, which would explain why my little brother had the controller and I had the headpiece. Tony liked to make fun of me because was trying to impress Julie by 'my' gamer skills, but he assured me earlier that we would probably win considering girls normally think it's cute when they're helpless in video gaming. 

"Juuulie." I called, teasing her. "Where are youuuuuu?" 

"I'm where you'll never see me. I can see you. Can you see me?" she laughed. As if he heard our conversation, Mike turned the view point of his character to look for the killer. He could hear the sound system and the music, just not the conversation. 

I smirked and sighed. "You sure you can see me? Not Tony?" 

"Yep." Julie laughed, shooting twice, killing me instantly. Mike jumped and shouted profanities at the screen and I sneered at Julie. 

"How'd you-" 

"Awe, did you think I was defenseless in this game?" Julie teased, her character now leading off to where Tony was strategically placed waiting to snipe her. "Those vicious stereo types." 

"I guess so." I said sourly as my RP started up again. Mike was now angrily pressing at buttons trying to hack the game much to Tony's protests. 

"Shit!" Tony screamed as he was shot as well. Julie laughed evilly from her side of the X-Box. "Shit, I'm down." 

"Whatever, Julie." I scoffed. "You didn't tell us you were a fucking pro at this shit!" 

Julie only chuckled at our feeble attempts to restore our 'manhood'.

"Julie?" called the tinny voice of a woman on Julie's side. Julie paused the game forcing Mike to glare viciously at me. I rolled my eyes. 

"Yeah mom?" Julie asked as the headset was pulled down causing the sound of fabric hitting the microphone ring in my ears. 

"Your dad's home." 

"Fuck." Julie swore. I glanced at Tony who was staring at the ceiling with slight confusion. 

"Julie? You there?" I asked loudly. She couldn't hear me because the headset was still wrapped around her neck, the earpiece out of range. Tony swallowed hard and Mike began to realize that there was more than just the pausing of the game. 

"Goddamn, where is she?" coughed a male's voice. Julie inhaled sharply causing me to frown. 

"Julie-" 

"Dad, go away." Julie snapped, her voice shaking. I could only imagine what she looked like. Her body shaking so badly, her petite frame rocking violently, her hair being tugged at by her thin fingers. "Please, go away." 

"Shut the fuck up!" Snapped the man. Julie squealed causing Tony to rip off the headset and chuck it at the couch. I listened intently, letting Julie's name leave my lips every once in a while. Tony was staring at the plastic with utter shock and worry. Mike let the curiosity take him over as he grabbed the headpiece and bean listening. 

As I listened to skin slapping skin and broken cries, I kept saying Julie's name over and over. It was obvious that she was being hurt on the other line, but I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even call the cops! I didn't know her fucking last name. I didn't know where she lived. I only met her today, christ's sake! 

"D-dad-" 

"Shut up." snapped the man and once again, Julie fell silent as a grunt was heard. Mike slammed his eyes shut and pulled the headpiece off, covering his face, but I couldn't stop listening. I needed to know she was okay. 

After minutes passed of radio silence, I heard Julie sniffle slightly, her arm brushing against the mic and listened as she took off the headpiece and tossed it across the room forcing me to cringe when the mic hit the wall and broke. Fuck. 

Cat_fetish303 has left the game

I blinked rapidly to hold back tears. Shit. What did I get myself into?