Chapter Four: The Truth About Vic

Jaime's POV

I sat in my bed. Vic and Mike had a spot in their house for both Tony and I, and since tour was coming up, basically, Tony and I were living with them. I was terrified. I heard about what happened to Julie. I heard from Mike and Tony about what they think happened. I closed my eyes and was about to sleep when there was a knock on my door. 

"Yep!" I called, ruffling my hair to make it look like I was sleeping. My eyes were already red from staring at the wall. 

The door creaked open and a shaken Mike walked in. "What's up, Lil' Fuentes?" 

Mike sighed. 

"Can I sit down?" He asked, and i nodded, patting the bed next to me. Mike sat down and sighed carefully, rubbing his chin. 

"Wha's up?" I asked. I tried to keep my voice steady, but it was hard. 

"I'm just thinking about that girl." Mike admitted. His eyes glared at the wall. "Julie." 

"Yeah?" I swallowed hard. 

"Yeah." He sighed. "I dunno. I didn't want to talk to Vic about it, but it made me think of my dad. You know?" 

I nodded. I understood why Mike didn't want to talk to Vic about it. Vic always got really angry whenever Mike brought up their father. Especially since we had this Julie thing going on. 

"Look, I don't want to push this on you." Mike mumbled. He sighed. "I just…want to know if she's okay." 

Another knock sounded on my door. My, my. Wasn't I the popular one?" 

"Come in." I called. In walked Vic. He had bags under his eyes. 

"Guys, I tried calling her. She mist be ignoring my calls. I don't know." He kind of shrank in that scorner of my room. 

"I'm worried too, man." I told him, standing up  to go pat him on the back. He shied away. "Look, we can go see her tomorrow. Say we ran out of candy." 

"I wanna come too." Mike whined. "I wanna see if she's okay." 

"No." I said softly. "She'll be overwhelmed. She already knows Vic and I." 

"Well, I want to make sure." Mike said crossly, putting his arms over his chest. 

"No, Mike." 

"But I-' 

"Enough." Vic snapped. Both Mike and I glanced up at his angry outburst. "Enough with this fucking arguing! I'm sick of this! I'm sick of you guys brushing this off like it's nothing! Fuck you!" He leaned his back against the wall, rubbing his temples .

"Vic…" Mike said cautiously. "Calm down-" 

"Calm down? Calm down?" I can't believe you just told me to fucking calm down!" Vic began to pace. Both Mike and I glanced at each other. This shouting woke up Tony. He rubbed his eyes and yanwned slightly. 

"What's up?" he asked. 

"She won't answer her phone." Vic said weakly. Tony frowned and opened his arms. Tony had the biggest heart. 

Vic's mouth twisted into a frown, his eye welling in tears as he hugged Tony. Tony held him for a flew minutes. 

"Chin up." Tony muttered. Vic gave a shaky sigh. 

"I've just never felt so hopeless before. Last time I felt this way was when dad hit Mikey, and-" He cut off again and I stared at Vic. I had never seen him this upset. Mike gave a weird sound in the back of his throat and rushed Vic into a hug.