"Just Your Best Friend" [ 9 ]

Chapter Nine
____________________________

Dwayne's POV

Silence. Louise tried her best to eat the meal I prepared for her, hoping she will feel a little bit better but unfortunately she's too depressed to even drink a cup of water.

"Louise.." I softly said. I was answered by the whispering air. "Louise?" I called out again. She startled and drop her spoon.

"Im so sorry! I-"

"It's okay, leave it. I'll fix it." I said as I stood up from my chair and clean the mess she accidentally did.

"Dwayne.. Look, I know your just trying your best to make me feel better and I really appreciate you for that but I think right now, I need some time alone. Please excuse me." Louise said as she gave me a sad smile and went straight to her room.

I felt useless. I dont even know how to make her happy. I stood there, looking at her fragile back as her shadow started to disappear from the dark while hopelessness engulfs me.

____________________________

Louise's POV

I felt bad for leaving the table and the effort that Dwayne made for me untouched. I felt bad for being dumb and falling for Dennis's sweet words. I feel regretful for not trusting Dwayne who did nothing but protect me from all harm. I felt so horrible that not even a single tear wants to escape from my swollen eyes.

I jump off to my bed and hugged my human size teddy bear tightly. I buried my face on it and contemplated what am I supposed to do now. But I got nothing. Flipping over, I stared at the blank white ceiling. Flashbacks. Memories of Dennis kept flashing to my mind, from the moment I met him for the first time till the time I caught him kissing a girl after making me fall for him with his sweet goddamn words.

But it wasn't his fault. It was mine. I was stupid enough to believe his kind actions. I was stupid enough to trust his sweet words. I was stupid enough to think he likes me back. I was stupid enough to fall for him.

I stood up and went to the toilet to wash my face. As I switched on the lights and stared at the mirror seeing my horrible look, it made me realize the person I want to be and the things I deserve. I stopped crying. I stopped whining. I washed my face and let all my bad decisions and actions slip away with the dripping water.

I changed into some comfortable jagger pants and jacket. Tied my hair into a high ponytail, left my room and knock the door beside mine.

"Dwayne, you there?" I asked.His bed made a loud squeaking sound and his feet made large stamps after running towards the door as fast as he can.

"Louise, are you okay? Is there anything you want me to do? Do you want t-" I quickly covered his mouth with my point finger.

"Lets go to the park." I smiled. He gave me the "Are-you-out-of-your-mind" look but decided to just brush it off and went to change as I waited in the living room for him. Knowing how magically fast guys get ready, after exactly 5 minutes, he came down with his army printed jaggers and dark green sweater. Opps, Don't forget his messy light brown hair.

"Ready?" I asked. He gave me a slight nod as a response. I took my hand out infront of him which made him make a confused look.

" Car Key."

"What car key?" He asked giving me the  "Are-you-out-of-your-mind" look again.