"Number 3" [ 3 ]

Chapter Three
____________________________

No words can describe the tension I feel as I walked passed my classroom, seeing Dennis waiting for me. His messy brown hair almost covering his emerald eyes are slowing killing me. Feeling this unusual thing is very creepy may I add.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hello." I replied trying to act normal as possible.

The school ended and we are walking out of the school gates as I saw a familiar figure looking at me.

"Give me a sec." I said to Dennis.

"Sure, take your time. I'll be waiting in the shed."

I walked straight and saw a hideous looking human shrugging at me.

"Let's go home." Dwayne said as he grabbed my hand.

I shove his hand off, " Sorry but I'm going with Dennis."

Shock and furious was written all over his face. "Are you serious?" He asked.

"I am. You can go ahead. I'll be home before sunset." I replied with assurance.

"Bu-"
"Go on." I continued as I pushed his broad back lightly. "I'll be okay. Trust me. I'm not a kid anymore."

Worried look was visible in his face.

"I trust you but I don't trust him." He paused.
" Be home before 6." He added and left.

I went back to Dennis who's been waiting for me in the shed. As he saw me coming, he grabbed his bag and went to my direction.

"You live with Dwayne's family, am I right?" Dennis asked.

"Yes. He's my childhood friend. He can be a worry freak so pardon that." I said as a matter-of-fact.

"Oh I see. Well anyways, do you like extreme rides?"

"Yes of course! In my group of friends, I'm the only one who likes rollercoasters and those kind of stuff. Even Dwayne hates it. Oh and that's a secret. He will kill me if he founds out I told you." I said while brushing the tips of my hair uncomfortably.

I heard him chuckled. How cute.

"Don't worry it's safe with me." He said while patting my head.

"Oh well, such a coincidence. My friends hate extreme rides too and it would be a waste to throw the extra ticket my mom gave me the other day for this newly opened amusement park in the city." He continued.

"You serious?" I said, my eyes wide open.

He took a pair of ticket from his pocket. "Here. Would you like to come with me?" He said as he hand out the ticket.

"Oh hell yes." Joy was written all over my face. The last time I went to the amusement park was during grade school days as a field trip. No one had the guts to join me in riding those intense rides. It was pretty boring.

Anyways, who in the proper world would say no to Dennis? I mean seriously, a trip to an amusement park with a guy like him? Jackpot.