Life Changing News

Chapter 2: Life Changing News

Marinette gulped as she listened to Master Fu's tone change. "Um, okay. What do you have to t-tell me?" she stuttered, fidgeting out of pure nervousness. The Master reached towards the box and took a deep breath as he entered a detailed code to open it. Master Fu hesitated to respond, pausing for a few moments to think of the best way to explain the situation to her.
"This is where I keep all of the Miraculouses," He said, gesturing to the open box in front of them and the small items inside. "If you look, there are still two left. The hair comb of the bee, and the necklace of the fox." He spoke cautiously, pausing after every word as if weighing Marinette's response. He knew this would be a lot of new information for her to take in, and she was already nervous enough. He didn't want to make this any harder for her.
"What? There are more superheros like me and Chat?" Marinette said quickly, shocked beyond belief. It had never once occurred to her that there were more than just the two of them.
"Yes, there is, and I think that it is time for their Miraculouses to be distributed," he responded.
"So, does this mean that Chat and I are going to have new partners?" Marinette asked, excited but anxious at the same time.
The master nodded. This news, however, left Marinette bewildered. How will I be able to handle two completely new partners? She asked herself, the true meaning of the Master's words sinking in. Being a superhero was difficult enough as it is without the distraction and responsibility of two more people to be fighting with. She knew that her and Chat Noir could use the help, but what if it made things worse? What if the newcomers' presence heightened her clumsiness? Not knowing what to say or how to put her intense emotions into words, she remained quiet.
"But, I am afraid, that is not all. I have recently found three more Miraculouses, with which I have not figured out how to work. They are quite new, and I haven't gotten the chance to explore their powers and skills just yet. But anyway, thank you for coming today and returning my book. I don't know what I would have done if it ended up in the wrong hands."

"It's... no problem. Thank you for, um... t-telling me about all of this," Marinette responded, still consumed by awe at the thought of five new superheroes. When she first walked in the door, it had never even crossed her mind that there were others like her. Now she was supposed to digest the thought of having five of them? It was just too much to comprehend so quickly. She retreated to the door, hoping that within a few hours she could get back to her normal life - along with Adrien, the extraordinary boy that kept her sane no matter how many stressful moments like these threatened to shake her.

"Well, I never saw that coming," Tikki stated as they exited the tiny building. "F-five new superheroes? How are Chat and I supposed to put up with this?" Marinette said, sighing heavily out out of pure depression. "Think positive, Marinette! Maybe this is a good thing!" "But what if it becomes a total disaster?" Tikki glanced at the ground, thinking of a way to cheer up Marinette. "Well, we will just have to wait and see. Besides, how horrible could it be?" Marinette glanced over to Tikki, and smiled. "You're right, Tikki. Thank you."