Hidden In your Memory

Jungkook kicked the wall to this apparent building. He was angry at himself, at Taehyung and at everyone. Unfortunately, an old lady happened to open the door just then. She stared at him and let out a frightened hiccup. What was happening to the youth these days, she wondered. Jungkook shuffled his feet awkwardly and mumbled an apology. The lady hurried past him, hugging her handbag closely to her body. Jungkook sighed and questioned what he was doing with his life. Scaring poor old ladies. He slumped down next to the door and recalled the events that had taken place less than an hour ago in Taehyung's apartment. When Taehyung saw his tears, his smile had immediately turned to a frown.

"What's wrong?" He had asked.

"You looked at me like you used to." Jungkook had answered, before quickly covering his mouth. He wasn't supposed to say things like that.

"Like I used to? When?" Taehyung had wondered, quirking his head in confusion.

Instead of answering and continuing the conversation like a sane person, Jungkook had opted for bolting out of the apartment. To make it worse, he had stolen one of Taehyung's coats in the heat of the moment, since he had no shirt on. This was a decision he regretted now. Not only was he a weird crying guy who said things that didn't make sense, he was also a thief. Jungkook felt the urge to kick something again, he felt so embarrassed and miserable. He was sure Taehyung never wanted to see him again. Then he reminded himself that he didn't want to see Taehyung either, so it was all good. Except it wasn't, because they still needed to do the presentation. Jungkook made a frustrated noise.

"What's up?" A perky voice suddenly  asked next to him, almost sending him flying. He looked up from his knees and saw it was only Kyung Mi. "Guess what, I found your backpack." She smiled.

"Oh?" Jungkook looked surprised.

"It's at a park near your school, I'll show you." She said and motioned for him to follow.

Jungkook got up and patted some dust of the stolen coat. Kyung Mi raised a brow. "That looks expensive. When did you get it? I haven't seen it in your closet or anything."

"Uh..." Jungkook looked down at his shoes instead of Kyung Mi, feeling flustered. "Let's just get the bag." He mumbled and started walking. Kyung Mi snorted and led the way.

"It was somewhere around here..." Kyung Mi said after they had wandered around the park. It was more like a small forest. Jungkook started to wonder if she was just pranking him. "Ah that slope! Now I remember, it's at that slope!" She exclaimed.

Jungkook looked at her incredulously. "How could you forget it's on the slope?" He said as he made his way to it. It was quite steep. He saw his backpack latched onto a protruding root.

"I was never known to have a good memory." She said and stuck out her tongue. "At least I found it for you." She added with a small huff. Jungkook ignored her and started his attempt to reach the bag.

"But why did it even end up here..?" Jungkook muttered to himself. He could just about reach the bag with his fingertips, but not enough to grab it. He had to admit, he was impressed Kyung Mi had managed to find it since it was in such an obscure place. "Just a little more." He said and strained to reach with his right hand, while holding onto a low branch with his left to extend his reach.

"OH MY GOD!?" Kyung Mi suddenly exclaimed behind him, making him lose his balance, and his fingers slipped from the branch. Jungkook's eyes widened as his feet started sliding on the gravel. He felt a wave of panic, but in the next moment everything was still. Then someone tugged at the back of his coat and pulled him back up. Jungkook stumbled and sat on the ground. He looked up, the shocked expression still left on his face.