Chapter 13

Dinner went well that night and no dramas occurred, I stayed mostly to myself just quietly eating my dinner and paying little attention to the conversations that were happening around the table it must of looked like I was in my own little world because I felt my phone vibrate in my side pocket, I secretly snuck it out of my pocket and checked the message, typical Macaulay.

I know the conversations are boring but you look like you are falling asleep.

I looked up and saw Macaulay staring at me from the other side of the table.

Sorry about that wasn’t feeling too good

I sent the text and waited for him to reply, which he did pretty quickly.

Is it your diabetes again?

He looked at me worried when I nodded my head at him, he knew if I wasn’t feeling too good to standby because something might happen.

Without noticing Macaulay had managed to sneak out to the kitchen and get my kit and come back in without any questions raised.

Once I got my kit I checked my levels and saw that everything was fine, I looked up and gave a thumbs up to macaulay in which he smiled and tuned into the conversations around the table, I on the other hand tuned into the conversations and answered at the appropriate times making it look like I was fine and paying attention.

The rest of the night for me consisted of packing bags and things that I would need while I was at the palace, most of the other things that I didn’t need stayed at the cottage because we were going back there after the two weeks.

I was halfway through packing my bag when Miles appeared leaning against the doorframe.

“Are you okay, I saw the little drama at the dinner table” he said concerned.

“Oh you saw that, yeah I’m fine just felt a little sick, I’m all good now though” I replied

“But I saw Macaulay go out of the room and come back with a medical kit of some sort” he said worried.

The only people that know about my diabetes is Grandmother, Grandfather, Joe, Sarah, Ebony, Logan and Charla, Kylie, Sienna and Josh but I hadn’t mentioned it to Ashton or Miles because I only see them two weeks out of the stay and usually everything is fine. But it is at that stage where I have to tell them sooner or later.

“Yeah about that, I need to tell you something, I have diabetes” I said to him.

Miles face told it all that he was shocked that I kept it from him and that I actually had them.

“How long have you had it for?” he asked

“Since I was 14, I passed out after netball one Saturday afternoon and well yeah.” I said