Chapter 2

(Tyler's POV)

My eyes got big and my face got red. I just admitted to my best friend's crush that she is in love with him and I trashed his party. "Um, I-uh-I think I need to go." I turned around as quick as I could and I ran right into a tall boy, hitting the drinks in his hand causing them to spill on him. I gasped extremely loud. "I-I-I'm so sorry, let me get you some napkins and some new drinks and uh, gosh I'm so sorry." I was stumbling on my own words because, I was trying to get out of there before Serenity found out what I did.

I only heard a chuckle from the boy and I looked up to meet his eyes. Let me just say, I'm surprised you didn't have to pay good money just to look at him. He was probably around 6'4 with dazzling blue eyes. His soft pink lips were curved into a smirk. He was gorgeous, but he didn't know it. His arms were muscular, but not too muscular. His dark hair was laid in subtle curls. His cheekbones were very visible and his jawline was stronger than my past relationship.

"It's okay." His deep voice broke my thoughts, "I'd actually consider myself lucky." He gave me a smirk of confidence. I just furrowed my eyebrows at him, giving him a questioning look. "That would be because I just got touched by the most gorgeous girl I'd ever laid eyes on." I'm pretty sure my face was tomato red by now. A CUTE GUY JUST CALLED ME GORGEOUS WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO HAPPEN?

I let out a laugh and looked down at the floor. "So, do you have a name, or can I just call you mine?" he asked. I burst out with the most embarrassing laugh ever.

"My name's Tyler." I said shyly.

"Carter, but you can call me anytime." I laughed again. I turned to look at Serenity and Jakob, but their faces were what caught my eye. Jakob had a questioning look shooting towards Carter and Serenity had an extremely surprised look.

(Carter's POV)

This party sucked. The music was too loud and the smell was atrocious. I saw my best friend Jakob talking to a girl. I grabbed some Root Beer and decided to take some over to him. Another girl walked up and she looked just like the girl he talked about all the time. When she smiled, I knew it was, in fact, Serenity. He always talked about how much he loved her smile.

I walked up to them just when the girl turned around. She turned around and ended up hitting the drinks out of my hands. She began to speak extremely quick and looked concerned. I tried to pay attention to her voice, but her beauty made me distracted. Everything about her was breathtaking. I began to speak without even considering what I was saying. I was trying to stop myself from saying all those pickup lines, but I couldn't. I probably sounded so cocky right now.

Love was a weird concept and I don't think I can feel love. Nothing had ever clicked with me, but she was intriguing. I don't know what love is, but I wouldn't mind it if she showed me.

(Jakob's POV)

I can't believe the words coming out of Carter's mouth right now. He sounds so dumb, but he's never flirty... with anyone.

(Serenity's POV)

IS THIS GUY FLIRTING WITH MY BEST FRIEND? Also, Jakob looks amazing.