Chapter 9

-time skip-

(Third POV)

Jakob and Serenity have been dating for about a year and a half now. They've gone on a few trips together and they've met each other's parents. They're completely in love to say the least. Jakob would do anything to keep Serenity happy. They didn't officially live together, but they were always at each other apartments.

Tyler and Carter are a different story. They were also about a year and a half into their relationship. They loved each other and that was very clear, but they've grown distant in the past few weeks. They still have the normal checkups on each other, but they never go on dates anymore.

(Serenity's POV)

I layed on my couch and turned on Netflix. It was around 2:30 in the morning. I wasn't really caring about the time because, I wasn't going anywhere important anytime soon. I decided to watch Criminal Minds. I remembered I had cake in the fridge from Jakob's birthday two days ago. I went to the fridge and just grabbed the whole cake and a fork because why not. I got some water too.

I was almost done with the cake when I got a call from Jakob. I was confused because, he's literally an old man. He goes to bed at 10:30 and wakes up at 7:00. I answered the call. "Hello?"

"S-S-Serenity?" he was sobbing.

"Babe, what's wrong?' I asked.

"I-I-I just had a nightmare. I thought you died and it j-j-just scared." He sniffled as he spoke.

"I'm coming over." I responded and hung up. I put on some slippers and grabbed my glasses. I walked out the door and saw Carter storming down the stairs. Tyler was almost screaming. She sounded like she was in emotional pain. I wanted to go in and talk to her, but I told Jakob I would be over. After, a long debate, I decided I would go see Tyler later.

I ended up at Jakob's door and he opened the door almost immediately. He wrapped his arms around me and sobbed into my hair. We made our way to his bed and he cuddled into my chest. "Baby, do you want to talk about it?" I asked him in a sweet voice. He could only shake his head. I ran my hands through his hair. He cried even harder.

"Will you sing to me?" he asked with innocent eyes. I nodded and began to sing his favorite song. He slowly fell asleep, but before he was completely asleep, he looked up at me and kissed me. I smiled softly at him as he dozed off.

I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw at Tyler's. Was she okay? I need to find out, so I reached for my phone and called her.