Promise

Chiaki awakes in tense, he doesn't know why. He still wears his yesterday shirt. Awaken in his sofa with half eaten dinner cold in the table. Nodame, that's the problem, it is not as usual she not coming when he mention pasta for dinner, actually he never has to mentions anything. She just comes to his apartment like she lived here. He shouldn't not called her last night, if she not coming then she not hungry, as simple as that. He couldn't recall when she's not hungry, she usually eat again even if she already had dinner. But why he should think about it anyway.

He cleaned his dinner, and take a shower, he look at his phone, usually Nodame text him no matter which, but since yesterday he got nothing, it's not like he waited. If she needs him, she'll text him. Still looking at his phone, he walks out of his apartment when it's suddenly ringing.

"So when you will come, Stresemann is waiting?" Elise voice in a hurry as usual. Ahh he forgot all about it. Stresemann wants him to accompanying him for two month tour in USA, which mean, another airplane ride, not he couldn't make it, but he better not if he can. He tried to find excuses, about his own orchestra but sadly it's all being take care with Elise, so what he only had to do is pack his bag and leave.

"Okay, I understand. Let me pack my bags first. "He hung up. He pushes another number to his phone. She better pick up.

"Moshi moshi." He heard her pillow voices again making him remembered her legs in another day.

"Nodame, are you in your apartment? I'm coming."

"ohayou senpai, Nodame is sleeping. " She said again

"Don't go anywhere!" He said in hurry, he doesn't know why he felt so energetic, when just now he so tense.

He runs as fast as he can to her apartment. She doesn't lock her door, that Nodame. When he entered sudden odor embrace him, old clothes anywhere, and lots of wrappers everywhere. This girl ... he just cleaned her apartment a week ago. Hardly enough he finally reach her room. She still in her bed, filled with her Puri Gorota's collections. There she is, hair tousled, face a bit pale, her soft lips pinkish with a smear of chocolate cookies everywhere. Is this chocolate cookies was her dinner? A soft pang hit his heart.

"Nodame, wake up" He said trying to wake her up. It's like waking a sloth, this never going to work.

"Wow , there a sale on Puri Gorota action figures" he said out loud, as a magic she emerge from her sleep and start to find her bag in her messy room.

"Where is the sale Senpai, maybe they have something I don't have on sale!" She stands up so fast.

"Uso, now I have to go to USA for two month. I have to go right away, so this is my keys. Don't make a lot of mess okay. "He said it fast although he not sure the last part will be happening. Nodame seems confused.

"Nodame better to stay here. It's not fun be around your apartment without you in it." She said it finally, she pouted her lips.

"Stresemann want me to accompanying him for his tour, I have to go. I agreed it on that operation desert Prometheus." He said it full of hate. Nodame refusing to see at him.

"Nodame, it's only 2 month, you should practice your fusées and I'll check it when I'm come back. " He said it slowly looking at her in her Puri Gorota pajamas, normaly this doesn't turn any feeling to normal guy, but when you are entering weirdo forest, this is practically can. He takes her in his embrace suddenly, she still not looking at him.

"What do you want me to do, Nodame?" She hides her face in his chest, still not talking.

"I'll miss you. " She slowly said. It makes him to hold her tighter.

"I have to go. Here's the key." He puts his keys in her hands. She still buries her face.

"Nodame..." he said started to let himself loose

"Promise me, you'll marry me when you come back." She unexpectedly said it. She looked at him exactly like she once asked. Shock, he let go her abruptly. This is like déjà vu, this is already happening before, and if he did something wrong, he may repeated the same mistakes he once made.

"Ano.. Why don't we'll talk about it when I come back, okay? He said after sometimes smiling awkwardly. She not smiling back, but keeps his keys into her pocket.

"Okay then. What do you wants for breakfast?" he said it changing the subject. He walks hardly to her kitchen to find lots used dishes and bowl that stinks a lot. He thought Nodame following him, but she's not, she is miraculously taking shower. He cleans a little while waited for her. When she comes out, she looks fresh and cute, she even washed her hair. She wears floral dress with light cardigan and high boots.

"Okay, let's go. " He said it after he stunned a moment.