CHAPTER ONE - CASSY VAGA

She flew across the floor and blood began to pour out of the graze on her elbow. Cassy screamed out in pain. Her brownish red hair fell over her bruised face as tears began to roll out of her hazel eyes.

"You NERD!" the tall, stocky bully teased as he towered over Cassy.

She backed against the cold concrete wall behind her, having nowhere to run. This was a normal day for Cassy, getting picked on and thrown around like a piece of rubbish. Cassy was saved seconds later by her only friend, Dick Grayson.

Dick was the best of a friend you could get, always standing up for Cassy and fighting off the bullies. He helped Cassy up and escorted her away, cleaning her up and fixing her black framed glasses. If it wasn't for Dick, Cassy would never be able to cope with school. She was the best student in the classes, but the bullies always stood in her way.

Thankfully, Cassy put her intelligence to good use and left Gotham Academy at the age of thirteen. She was finally free from all the bullies, and soon after, was accepted into the Gotham School of Science and Technology (Or GSST for short), majoring in chemistry, physics and technology.

As expected, Cassy was a star student and graduated three years later at the age of sixteen, the valedictorian of her year. Although Cassy didn't exactly fit in at GSST - as she was the youngest by a few years - she preferred it there than at Gotham Academy. There weren't as many bullies there.

Having such high praise and recommendation from all teachers, Cassy's dream came true when she began to work at Wayne Enterprise at seventeen. It probably also helped being so close with the CEO and best friends with his adoptive son. Cassy made many scientific and technological breakthroughs and made her way up in the company, until she was the head of the science and technology laboratories.

Cassy wouldn't have been able to be so successful without the support of her parents. They were the only family she had and the best parents she could have possibly asked for. Daniel, Sophie and Cassy Vaga were as close as family could be. They were the only people Cassy could ever fully trust. Her parents built up Cassy's obsession with music, always introducing her to new songs and choreographing dances to almost every song. Spending her days dancing and singing, hanging out with her parents were the highlights of her life. She wouldn't know what to do without her mum and dad. Cassy's life was as perfect as she could ever wish and wanted it to last forever.

But nothing so perfect lasts forever.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you for reading my first chapter! I have many ideas for this book and can not wait to share them all with you. Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think in the comments! See you in the next chapter!