CHAPTER FOUR - HEART BREAK

Author's note: Hey guys! I hope you like my story so far! I'm thinking of doing the next chapter from one of the character's point of view... What do you think? Leave your opinions in the comments. Have fun reading.! :-)

The front door opened and Dick came running in.

"You didn't open the door, I used the key under the mat. Where are you-" he said. When he saw Cassy, he stopped speaking and ran to sit next to her on the floor. "I am so sorry." he said, pulling Cassy into a tight hug.

A while had passed and Dick had finally managed to move Cassy from the floor by the door to the sofa. Cassy neither lifted her head or said a word.

She sat on one end of the sofa and Dick sat next to her. As her head was buried in her cushion, she felt the burning in her heart turn into squeezing, like it was about to shatter into a thousand small pieces. Sorrow turned into anger.

Cassy punched her cushion, which was drenched with tears.

"You alright?" Dick asked, "Punch it out if you want."

"Obviously I'm not alright! Everything was going so well! And that man! He didn't even sound as if he was sure they were in a car crash! For all I know, they could be spies on a secret mission! If they really are, I should know how they-" she paused, still denying the fact, "-they-" Cassy's eyes began to water again. Dick gave her another cushion to stuff her face in, as she had thrown her's across the room in her anger.

"Rye and Eve are not spies, I can tell you that, and it was a... Car crash." Dick said softly, rubbing Cassy's back. "Look, you go to bed and rest for a while. I'll be over later with ice cream, pizza, whatever you want and we can chat, listen to music or do whatever will make you feel better. I will ask dad to give you two weeks off work and I'll come round every day with junk food if you want. But I'm not letting you get fat. Got it?"

Cassy nodded her head. "What did I do to deserve you!?" she sniffed, with a wobbly voice