All I'll Have

Stepping toward the unfamiliar faces he asked, "Have you," he thought for a second, "seen my girlfriend?"

"That way," someone pointed down his left.

Frowning, Jongin turned to head off in the appointed direction. What the hell was Namjoo up to? If she was going to cause him trouble she'd better not do it in public. If she wanted food, why couldn't she just stay still?

Jongin sought the deep crowd ahead of him for any sign of Namjoo, someone in a black hat. He kept trotting, still no one familiar. Was Namjoo just that short or did she blend that easily into the crowd of simple people?

He paused again to inquire if anyone had seen Namjoo passing this way. Instead of helping they shrieked that Kai was here. Unhelpful, he continued ahead. If they said she was someone along this road she should be here! Just where had Namjoo gone?!

₪₪₪₪₪

The one thing Namjoo disliked most other than Kim Kai, she hated bullies. While waiting for her fulfilling burger to complete she had taken just one glance behind her to see a group of young kids tugging another one with them. By their body language, Namjoo knew what they were up to. Because once, in a tale years ago she had been bullied too.

She stalked the kids until they stopped nearby the Shinsegae Department Store. They were young boys dressed in what she thought was high-end hip-pop clothes that separated them from the rich kids at school. They were a little lower than rich kids, a little higher than the simpletons who studied well. Maybe they smoked, swigged their parents' liquors when they were out of town. They were that kind of cool. Most of all, they managed to cheat after stealing notes from the nerds of their class.

Ah, high schoolers she thought. She didn't miss high school.

She observed the frail boy in glasses with them, the one standing in the middle. The three boys around him had sturdy build not like they were built of six packs and bulging biceps. They were just bigger, healthier in size and of course, without glasses. Was the frail boy a wannabe? Tagged along willingly? Or had he been caught like a mouse in a trap? Namjoo leaned toward the latter.

She watched them shove the boy in glasses, their gaze dark and strict. Shove him again. One more time. That was it.

"Hey!" Namjoo shouted. They turned her way. The kids were her height and as they say, pick on someone your own size. "What are you kids up to?"

Stepping toward them she broke their circle and stood adjacent to the boy in glasses. His gaze was lowered, eyes fluttering as if ashamed of something.

"I don't think you were a part of this," the tough boy in front of her crossed his arms.

An arm flung around her neck, "Do you want to ride along?"

Moving his arm off from around her Namjoo glanced at his small mohawk, "Kids, kids, kids. You're not in the age to be entertaining me."

The boys shared laughter, mocking her. "She's kinda ugly, but look at her tits."

Namjoo scoffed in disbelief. Hands on hips she lectured, "When I was your age, boys said the same thing. Does it bother me? Hell yea, but I could fucking care less. Boys, now let me tell you something, you think laughing at someone makes you feel powerful. That means one thing and listen very well. You're bitter, you're insecure, you hate yourself."

The boys quieted then they cackled like hyenas. Namjoo bit her tongue and breathed a hot breath when the nearest coyly stroked her cheek with a finger.

"Aww...looks who's hurt? Have mommy problems?" he teased. He glanced at his friends and they laughed once more.

Namjoo about threw her head back, scream fuck yea but she wasn't ashamed. She wasn't embarrassed, was no longer embarrassed about her mother not wanting to be a mother. She felt other things but that was no one's shit problem to talk about.