All for Joo

Jongin's only reaction was a baffled laugh filled with joke and disbelief. He repeated louder, "Taehyung's?!"

"Are you deaf?" Namjoo asked.

Offended, he declared, "Give it up and get your ass here now."

At this, Namjoo gasped. "What?"

"Your manager doesn't know, I bet he's not there with you," Jongin told. He could see it. If Namjoo wanted to see some other man her manager wouldn't let it happen. Company rules. And most because of the CEO, Bae Hyunki. Kwak Joontae's salary would be at stake if he allowed it.

Namjoo winced from the other side. "So what?"

"So turn the car around and you better be here in 30 minutes," Jongin threatened.

₪₪₪₪₪

It had been one certainly long day. Unlike Jongin who had gotten a day of rest, Kwak Joontae had picked her up early morning. She was going to a photoshoot for a Vogue magazine she was told. Not on the front cover, but she would be modeling for a fashion brand of purses that would be promoted through the magazine.

The process was like yesterday's poster photoshoot. Skipping the salon she went immediately to the set where she was led to the back, told to put on clothes, and then came out for makeup which took nearly an hour. The stylist fussed with her hair and then the eye makeup which had to be carefully put on. Sparkles and everything. Everything was all Namjoo was unaccustomed to, but she couldn't complain. All was required of her was to sit there until her butt cramped up.

When she went out a beautiful model was already in the works for the front cover. Namjo stared with awe, mouth gaped open, and again, clapping quietly like the kind of fool Jongin would call embarrassing. The woman had curves in all the right places and the outfit she donned was even prettier than Namjoo's. It must be a high end signature piece Namjoo assumed. My god she was beautiful! Namjoo couldn't take her eyes away from those eyes, that straight nose, pretty and plump lips men would love to kiss. And that smile was to die for. Her face was just so captivating.

Namjoo stared with envy until the director called for break. She grinned stupidly when the female passed by and watched her disappear into the back.

"Over here," a voice called out to her.

Namjoo walked over to a woman by a table who explained to her today's concept and then she was up there and cameras were flashing. She was stiff and awkward, but the cameraman unlike Sooha was patient and calm while directing her movements. In the end, the pictures turned out all right. All that mattered were the purses being promoted anyway.

The director allowed her to go through the pictures with him and she couldn't help but laugh at herself awkwardly. Then she went on break for change of outfit, a requirement for the next shoot. After changing she finally met with the beautiful female from earlier. She was sitting in the chair Namjoo had been in when getting makeup done. The stylist wasn't there but Namjoo noticed hair curlers on her head.

Noticing her the female turned. With that smile she greeted, "Hello."

Nervous, Namjoo nodded her head. Was she supposed to walk back out or wait for more makeup?

"You're Namjoo, right?" the pretty one asked.

The blankness suddenly dissipated and Namjoo gathered herself. More self-aware now. "Y...yes."

"I'm Naeun, it's nice to meet you," Naeun continued smiling.

Naeun...Son Naeun?

Namjoo studied her face some more. She had never actually looked up Jongin's ex. Could the world actually be small and this was her? Or was there someone else who shared that name?