Jack Maynard-Tattoo

Today was finally the day! I was getting my first tattoo.

After months of persuasion, I'd finally given in and I was getting a small flower on my ankle, accompanied by my best friend Jack. Jack has several tattoos so he's coming to hold my hand.

We arrive at the tattoo parlour just in time (which is surprising as usually whenever me and Jack are together we never end up on time)

Jack walks in and holds the door for me. I walk towards the desk and give the receptionist my name and she ushers me and Jack to a waiting room.

'Jack I'm having second thoughts, I'm so scared of the pain', I tell him quietly.

'Hey hey hey, I'll be with you in there holding your hand, it doesn't hurt too bad, you'll get through it okay?', he tells me, pushing the hair out of my eyes and smiling.

A pretty woman with red hair and plenty of visible tattoos comes in. She smiles and beckons us through.

The tattoo is drawn on my ankle and I'm all ready to start. I'm layed on a bed, a bit like at a doctors, and jacks sat on a chair right next to me.

'Okay when you're ready give me a shout', the woman, who's name I learn is Jennifer, tells me.

'Okay', I say, taking a deep breath in, completely focused on Jack.

Then it starts. I have a very low pain threshold so the pain is excruciating. I grip jacks hand so hard I'm scared I'm hurting him.

'You're okay, it'll be over soon', he tells me, stroking my hair reassuringly.

After about ten minutes it's done, and I look over and it looks incredible!

'You did it! I'm so proud of you!', jack says, hugging me from behind.

I turn my head and give him a quick kiss on the cheek and wink at him.