Chapter 9 ~ Fixing the Bond Between Us!

(Author's Note: SORRY for the slow update! I had a pretty hectic day today :') anyways, enjoy this chapter! ~Lia)

     It was now 7:00 a.m. And of course, Ash was the first to wake up. He needed to make things right between him and Serena. But he had to face one more problem first - Dawn. He walked downstairs, all dressed up, ready to start the day. Dawn was already awake, she got up to the kitchen, and poured herself a glass of orange juice. The sight of Ash made her day a whole lot better.

"Hey Ash!" she exclaimed, tackling him into a tight hug. Ash hugged back, but it was not as tight. "Dawn, can't...breathe." Dawn let go, and tucked a lock of her blue hair behind her ear. "SO, I was wondering if we can hang out today?" Ash scratched the back of his head, "Actually, I'm kind of busy today." Dawn nodded, "It's Serena, isn't it?" Ash stutters, "Uh-uh n-no." Dawn shook her head, and gave a small smile. "Don't lie, Ash, I know you still like her." Ash sighs in defeat. "Don't worry, Ash! I'm not mad. As long as you're happy, I'm happy!" she exclaims. Ash was surprised on how easy it was to break up with Dawn. "So does that mean we're?" Ash asks. Dawn nods and smiles widely. "Friends!" Ash nods in determination. "Friends!" he says, embracing her in a hug. As they released, Dawn grabs her phone from the kitchen counter. "Well, I've got to go! Tell Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont that I had a great time!" Ash nods, and waves to Dawn as she walks out the door. "Bye Dawn! Good luck out there!" Dawn waves back, "Goodbye Ash, good luck with you know who." she says, winking. Ash swears that he felt a tint of pink appear on his cheeks. And with that, she left.

-----

"Let's go find Serena, Pikachu!" But before Ash could grab the door knob, a voice suddenly chirped, "Hey everyone!" The door opened, revealing Serena, wearing the same clothes as yesterday, although, she had Ash's jacket over her shoulder. Serena turned to Ash, and whispered, "Oh, hey Ash." She started to make her way upstairs, until Ash grabbed her wrist, she faced him, as he took a deep breath. "Serena, let's talk, and this time...I'll listen." Serena grins widely, "Okay, Ash."

-----

     As Serena places her stuff on the coffee table, as she walks to the sofa, along with Ash. "Here, have a seat, Ash." She says, patting the seat next to her. Ash sits down. Then, pure silence filled the room. "Soo." Serena began. "Where're Bonnie and Clemont?" Ash scratches his left cheek, "Still sleeping, heh." he replies. Serena nods, then asks, "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Ash sighs, and sits on the single chair, so that way, he'd be facing Serena directly. "About us." he plainly says. "O-oh." Serena says, avoiding eye contact with him. "W-we shouldn't. After all, you're with Dawn." she stutters. Ash takes his hands, and places them over hers. She gasps lightly, surprised by his actions. "I broke up with her, I never liked her in the first place. I have someone else on my mind after all." he replies. Serena blushes, tucking her hair behind her hair. "A-and w-who is that?" Ash smirks, and tilts his cap over his face. "You'll find out. Very soon." he chuckles. "In the meantime. I'm sorry, for everything." His smile drops, as he looks down to where his feet were. Serena took his chin, and lifted it up. He sighs, and takes her hand off his chin, and cups her hand with his. "I'm sorry for not listening last night. I didn't know what came over me. I wasn't the Ash you knew." Serena smiles, "But you are now." Ash grins widely. "Thanks Serena." Serena stands up, "Anytime, Ash!" Serena walks to the kitchen, leaving Ash confused. "H-hey! Where're you going?" he disappointedly asks. Serena giggles, "To make breakfast! You gonna help? Or not?" Ash immediately stands up. "Of course! I'm starving!" He exclaims, rubbing his stomach. And with that, Serena and Ash started to make breakfast for themselves, Bonnie and Clemont. Both thinking about each other.

(Author's Note: AWE! So Serena and Ash made up! So sweet :3 ~Lia)