Chapter six- Recovering Hope

"My poor girl," mumbled Jordyn as I struggled to get up after surgery, "you'll feel better soon, just stay here and rest." Jordyn rubbed my back, I purred softly. I felt numb in the left side of my face, I meowed but barely moved my mouth. "Still a little numb I see." The vet said calmly as she came back from another room. "Luckily the surgery was a success, we removed her eye since the small bullet from the b-b gun went behind it, and we had to get it out," she continued to go on as she walked closer, "she may have to stay here for the next few days, that way we can make sure she heals properly." The vet began to type stuff on a big box like machine.

  Jordyn turned to look at the vet then me, "I have to go to my part time job now," she said with worry, "will you watch her until I return?" She questioned the vet. "Of coarse," the vet replied, "she'll be under care while she is healing, I'll take Hope to one of our rooms in the back, she'll be safe back there." The vet continued typing. "Ok, see you soon Hope." Jordyn said staring at me, she gave me a loving hug then walked out the door. I layed onto my back, I still felt like I was under a trace, feeling loopy and sleepy. I moved my legs slowly until I fell asleep there on the table.

  I awoke to a big beeping machine, I was all alone in a room. There was something on my stomach, and a thing in my leg, and as always, the cast on my back leg. It was a while as I layed there, alone and tired. I wasn't as loopy as before, but I didn't like being all by myself.  I meowed, and heard a reply. It sounded so familiar, but I couldn't put my paw on it. There was a knock at the door, then a vet came in. "Hey girl, I see that your hearts beating well," she came over to me, "time to give you your IVs and..." She put a needle in the tube in my leg, and allowed a liquid to flow in. "check that broken leg of yours too." She moved a machine near me, and put it over my leg. BEEP, then I was done. "I'll check that X-Ray then I'll be back until your owner Jordyn comes." She left, and I was all alone. I rolled to my side, feeling cautious about some stranger taking care of me. Yet, Jordyn trusted them, so I guess I should too.

  I fell asleep, dreaming that I was all healed and healthy, and with my brother on the streets. I still didn't know what to do, should I allow Jordyn to take care of me my whole life, or should I find a way to get my real parents back. That's when I remembered probably the most important memory in my life. MY MOM, not just any mom, but MY. MOM! I never felt so down, that I never remember her role in my short life. SHE, was the one who took care of me for the longest time I can remember. Someone grabbing me, tore my away from my dreams. I hissed unknowingly, at the fact that these humans just interfered on my life. "What's wrong!" It was Jordyn staring frightened at me. Her eyes scanned my sore body, and fear went through her eyes. 

  What did I do!? I'd never hurt or scare Jordyn, ... EVER! I loved her for saving my life from the hands of that man, but what did I care now!? She ruined my life, no, Jordyn didn't do it. Those men did, if they just let me live with my brother on the streets, I'd be happy where I was born, but no, they took my life into their own hands. I shook my thoughts when I saw someone I never thought I would meet again. Someone who could always understand anything I went through, my own....