Chapter five- Shot in the eye

David pointed the b-b gun at my face, causing me to become tense. I didn't know what he was capable of, but I knew that I'd crossed the line that David had made. He just stared at me with the b-b gun ready to shot. I wasn't sure on what to do, would it be better to run unharmed, or should I stay to protect Jordyn. Jordyn was being held back by one of Davids arms, the other had the gun.

  "Don't hurt her David!" Jordyn screamed. "I don't care about this cat, she doesn't deserve to be here!" David screamed back. David stared back at me, as a grin went across his face, his finger got ready to pull the trigger. I just froze right there on the ground, staring back into his eyes. Davids finger pressed a litter bit on the trigger, and Jordyn got the face of fear. "No! Don't do that to her!" She screamed. Jordyn tried to break free of Davids arm. "Bye, kitty." David said with a grin. Then there was the noise of the b-b gun being shot, then the sound of Jordyn screaming. I just fell to the ground, paralyzed by the pain in my eye.

   I heard someone run up to me, I smelled the scent of Jordyn near me. I felt tears fall onto my head, I couldn't do anything. I could barely breath, just paralyzed on the ground. I was picked up by Jordyn, and heard a fight with screams. I don't remember much, but it smelled like the car I was in earlier. I heard Jordyn speaking to someone, that I recognized the scent of the vet.

  "Can she be helped?" Asked Jordyn. "Maybe... but if might be a little risky," the vet continued to go on, "since she so young, surgery is not the best, yet the only option." The vet finished while sounding uneasy. "If it's the only thing we can do, ... I am willing to take the risk." Jordyn sounded scared. "I'll get everything ready for the surgery." Then the vet walked away. I layed there silently, breathing slowly. Jordyn rubbed my head, I tried and just barely purred. "That's my girl, my little Hope." Jordyn said softly to me. 'Hope' that was my name, no matter how much pain I am in I must hang on to hope. Jordyn knows that hope is inside of me, and I should believe too.

  I heard talking begin with some other people. "We are ready to start the surgery, if your ok with that," a persons went on, "me and the other surgeons will take care of this kitten, we will do our best to keep her alive through surgery." The surgeon finished talking as I heard more noises. "You can put her under, than I can see her during the surgery maybe?" Questioned Jordyn. "I'm afraid that won't be able to happen, but I can promise that no matter what happens to her, that you can see her after surgery." The surgeon replied, and Jordyn got some sadness in her voice. "Ok, you can start to put her under." Jordyn gave me a loving hug, and continued to rub my head. I felt a mask get put over my mouth, affecting my breathing. I slowly calmed as I fell under some type of trace. "You'll be ok Hope, your my little kitten of hope." Those were the last words I heard from Jordyn until I was fast asleep.