Throne

The Wolf

I felt anger and confusion rise in my throat. "What do you mean you're not an alpha? Even if your not, so fucking what? You didn't need to leave the the pack. You didn't need to leave me!" I growled.

My father raised his hand again, but this time I did not listen. I growled and crept closer. "I searched day after day, went until my paws bled to find you!"

"Ashrious, that's enough." My father growled.

"No, it's not!" I boomed. I marched closer, but was stopped by a soft and delicate hand. "It's ok love. Let him speak." Katelyn pleaded, which was not necessary. I would fallow her every command until death.

My fathers once careful gaze turned into one of amazement, then discuss. I had no time for this right now. That's a fight for tomorrow. "Explain." I growled, taking a seat on the ground and my mate sitting next to me.

"It was after our coronation. When we stood in front of the pack, I felt such power radiating from you. I wanted to kneel at your feet, Ashrious. I am not the next alpha. You and your mate are." He explained, showing admiration.

My father growled low. It caused me to step in front of my mate and look him dead in the eye. "I will not accept this. A DYKE will not be the next alpha! Take your throne you worthless mutt!" He yelled at the air and looked at his children with disappointment.

I was going to leap at his throat, but my mate held my arm and my brother did so instead. I watched as a ball of white and grey fur fly through the den. Growls and snarls echoed in the walls.  Just as the grey was about to kill, the white was on top. My brother had won the battle.

As tradition, I marked my father. "Tayous of the Black Moon Tribe, I as the new alpha sentence you to exile. Do not return or you will be killed." I said in my most authoritative voice. My father growled and limped slowly out of the den.

The tribe gathered from their dens to watch the fallen alpha walk away. I fallowed standing tall, my mate at my hip and my brother standing dutifully behind me. "I, Ashrious of the Black Moon claim my birthright as your alpha. I hope you will accept me and I will do my best to lead." I called out amongst the crowd.

Everyone looked at each other than at me. I then watched as they erupted into cheers. The sight filled me with pride. I wanted to share my pride. I grabbed my mates hand and raised it to the sky. The cheers grew louder.

I looked to my brother, who's eyes were full of pride. He clapped and cheered along with the crowd. I was finally home. Now there's only one last thing to do.

((Sorry for the short chapter. A lot happened and I want to end this on a good note))