Take the Bullet

A/N: I made sure the grammar is fine but I apologize if it isn't.

Baekhyun walked up the steps with his son sleeping in his arms. He reached a hand out to ring the doorbell, waiting for a reply.

The door opened and Suho's eyes popped out. "Baekhyunee!" He said in surprised. "Come inside quickly." He added as he stepped aside for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun quickly got off his shoes and picked them up before walking inside. Suho locked the door and turned back to look at Baekhyun.

"Are you two alright? I saw the news and we all started to freak out. Xiumin though, he didn't come home at all. He is still at his office trying his best to track you and Taehyung down." Suho said.

Baekhyun felt bad for worrying his friends. He bit his lips and looked down at the floor. "I am sorry, I cause you guys to worry about us." He said.

"Don't be, It wasn't your fault..." Suho said.

"I know it wasn't but I still feel bad...I'm very sorry."

Suho sighs. "It's alright, you don't need to be sorry. It wasn't your fault Baek." He said. "But my question is how are you safe?" He asked. 

"Well, I escaped this morning. Youngjae helped us out on the way when I collapsed and Taehyung was freaking out." Baekhyun said.

"I'm glad you and Taehyung are safe. I'm glad to see that he is helping us. He's a nice man." Suho said as he walked the two into the living room.

"Yeah, he was so helpful and I regret leaving without a trace... Today I also met Daehyun again. He changed so much. He looked even skinnier and paler then the last time I saw him." Baekhyun said as he put his son down on the couch.

Suho sighs softly. "Yeah, he became a wreck after you left. He ended up with amnesia and left the gang. Now he's the Jung Corporation C.E.O." Suho said. "I'm pretty sure a couple of your events were sponsored by him." Suho added.

Baekhyun smiled softly but frowned a bit. "Yeah I'm so proud of him, but I feel so bad." Baekhyun said as he sat down.

Suho looked at him as he sat down across from the two. "What do you feel bad about?" He asked.

Baekhyun looked down at his hands. "About everything. How I end up hurting people because of my stubbornness." Baekhyun replied as he rub his thumb against his palm.

"But Daehyun didn't let you go, even if you were stubborn to him. He still loves you the same. Do you still love him?" Suho asked.

"I don't know. I don't even know why I actually left. It wasn't a big deal..." Baekhyun replied as he put his face in his hands. "I didn't even let him speak then..." 

Suho stood up and walked over to Baekhyun. "The past is in the past Baek. Leave it there, you just need to focus on the future." He said. Baekhyun looked at him. "The future? "

Suho smiled. "Yes, the future. Forget what happen and focus on your son's  happiness. Isn't that what you want to see?" He asked. Baekhyun looked at his son and smiled a bit. "Yeah, I want him to be happy. I want him to have everything a child needs." Baekhyun answered.

"And what do you think that is?" Suho asked. "What do you think kids need the most in their lifes?"

"Parents...They need parents..Both their eomma and appa." Baekhyun said.

Suho smiles and asked. "So does that mean you'll forgive Daehyun?"

Baekhyun thought about the question for a while. Should he? The latter turn to look at his son and sighs softly. For the sake of his son he will.