Chapter seven

Weeks pass, and I live for the evenings, the only time Comet and I can spend time together dues to the increased hours in our class schedule.

"When do you think, the training will be put in order?" Comet asks as he picks through his lunch, "I was hoping it wouldn't be too soon, ya know? It seems pretty intense." I nod, chewing my earth carrots carefully.

"I know! Plus, this isn't my thing. I want to be a, neverind. Ethier way, I don't know if I could handle that training." We sit in silence, eating. Looking to the triangular clock on the wall, I marvel, "Class already? We just started eating!" I grab my tray and dump its contents into the sorter, I wait for everything on the tray to be seperated. 'Ding', a new tray slides out the left side of the sorter and I lay it on another bin and put its trash into the designated holes. Comet comes in behind me,

"With shorter lunches and longer, varieing classes it's almost like they're starting the process." I give Comet a questioning look, "You know? The training the seminar was about," I shake my head, noway this is happening now.

"I'll see you later?" Waving, I head towards my next class.

~~~~~

"Hiya, Astra!" Elly chimes, I smile. Elly, is always so optimistic. Grab a book from the blue shelf in the corner of the room and sit down beside her. Everyone picks up their books and we start to read, "So.." Elly whispers, "How's Comet doing?" Oh,

"Oh, he's good. He's good." What do I say? What do I say? "Um, I like your shoes." Nice.

"Astra," She giggles, "You have the same pair, we all do! You're so silly!" Yeah, silly. Not socially awkward at all! "So I heard talk, that the new training program is starting up, so like." She points to pictures in her book. "We will be trained to participate in things like these."

"What book is that, Elly?" She flips the book closed, holding her finger inside to keep her spot. 'Earth Phisical Activity Traditions', finding her page I read the heading over the pictures that states, 'The Olympics'. Noticing my presence over her shoulder, Elly suggests. "If you'd like I can lend you the book when I'm finished!" I shake my head.

"No thank you Elly, that won't be necessary." She gives me a wink and we carry on with class.

~~~~~

As I'm walking through the hallways, I hear orders being yelled behind me.

"Move forward! Do you hear me you apitals? Move along!" I manage to hide behind a pillar as a fully equipped squad storm past. Curiously, I follow them slowly towards the control deck.

Hellooooooo, first of all thanks for reading this far! I love writing and I know these are small chapters but I hope to keep them coming; so you can read further. I hope to have another chapter out in one or two days. Thanks again! That's all for now!