Just... no

Finding out Astrid had followed him to the cove did not only irritate Hiccup, it also almost made him want to strangle the girl. This was a new low, even for her. Honestly, he had thought about destroying her axe instead of fixing it a couple of times beforehand - very unlike him. The only thing holding him back, was the fact that he would surely be removed as Gobber's apprentice. Or yelled at by his father. Either way, it was not something he'd like to happen.
Why, oh why did the gods hate him so much? Except Loki, apparently, the prankster god must love him to bits. The thought only almost made him snort in amusement. Almost.
"What are you doing here?" He asked her with clear displeasure. This was not a part of his plan!
Astrid didn't notice or didn't care, probably a bit of both. Instead she jumped down from the stone she was sitting on, the very same axe he almost broke—and still wanted to break—in her hand. "I want to know what going on."
Hiccup almost laughed her in the face. she wanted to ask him questions? after following, possibly stalking him? That's rich. And not creepy at all. "Yeah, I'm sure you do. The problem is, I have nothing to tell you." He told her with a sneer. Who did she think she was? "Now move, I have stuff to do."
"No one just gets as good as you do. Especially you." She ignored his comment and started swinging her axe around as a threat. Hiccup wasn't impressed in the slightest. "Are you training with someone? It better not involve this!" She asked, pointing to his flight suit. The already irritated girl was getting more irritated by each second.
Hiccup stood his ground, not intimidated. Okay, maybe a little, but he wasn't going to show it! "And what if I am, huh?" He asked, a grin forming on his lips. "What's it to you? Can't stand losing your title as miss Perfect?" The growls Astrid made in response sounded very much dragon-like. So he hit a nerve. Good. He smirked.
The smirk however got wiped away from his face when Astrid placed the axe a Little too close to his neck for his comfort, and an uneasiness seddeled in his stomatch. She wouldn't actually kill him, would she?
"I've been training nonestop since the day i turned three." She said, her voice dangerously low. Hiccup screeched when she tried to grab his shirt, only just managing to step aside, his skinny frame helping him for once. Huh, who would've thought? "And suddenly you, the cheif's useless son who can't swing an axe to save his life, come running as the best young dragon killer our village has seen for ages."
Hiccup laughed uneasily. He might not like her, but he couldn't lie and say she didn't know how to fight with an axe. Or any other weapon for that matter.
Toothless, who had been watching from the shadows, had enough at this point. He could most litterally feel the dislike his human had for the female, and his own hate for her continued to grow. The stupid girl derserved what was soon coming for her, even if his human would say otherwise. He jumped out from his hiding spot, showing his extended sharp teeth and slit eyes. It was important for him to look as intimidating as possible.
Astrid didn't expect a jet Black dragon to jump out from nowhere, and only had half a second to react. Firstly she pushed the runt Down to make sure he wouln't get in her way. She also didn't want to have to explain how he died to his father.
With her axe held high she was about to give a loud war cry, but before she could do anything, she was on the ground, her weapon a good ten meters away. above her stood the one and only - "HICCUP?"
But Hiccup didn't hear her. He was too busy trying to calm the angry Night Fury to even spare her a glance. "Easy Toothless, easy. Just calm down. She's... not an enemy. Kinda. Or something like that." He said with a grimace on his face. How to explain this? He turned to Astrid when Toothless was no longer trying to blast her to bits. "You scared him." Toothless just snorted as to say 'scared me? I'm offended'. Had the situation not been as dire as it was, Hiccup would've laughed.
Astrid's already wide eyes got even wider. "I scared him?!" After standing a moment, she opened her mouth once Again. "Who, is him?"
Hiccup sighed. his just day got worse and worse. "Astrid, Toothless. Toothless, Astrid." He said while gesturing from the two, sending his dragon a disapproving look.
Astrid didn't like what was going on. She was only now realizing what was happening. So she ran. As fast as she could without looking back. She had to tell the chief.
Hiccup sighed after watching her run but turned to look at his dragon. Toothless had the closest to a grin a dragon would ever be able to make on his face the moment she ran. His scaled friend seemed very happy with himself after scarring the, dare he say, poor girl away. He knew first hand how scary the big reptile could be. But, he was pleased. She did deserved it.
Hiccup did not know where his dislike for her came from, or when it started, but he never actually liked Astrid. But the feeling was mutual, always had been. They couldn't stand each other.
He sighed but accepted his fate. They had to stop her, preferably before she got to the village. It wouldn't do them any good if she actually got there. but, as was about to mount his loyal companion, he stopped. what was he going to do when he actually caught her? what good would it do? It wouldn't change anything, would it? In the end she'd just hate him even more an search parties would be walking through the woods, making him unable to get away.
He knew she was going to tell his dad, but what did it matter? He was going to fly away from Berk with Toothless anyway, why bother trying to stop her? "You know what, bud? You're right. Let's get out of here before they get someone to look for us."
-0-
Yay, one-shot :)
This is basically a 'what could have happened when Hiccup & Toothless were discovered if Hiccup didn't like Astrid?'
I personally believe one of the reasons Hiccup went after Astrid, is because he like her. And then there's the fact that he didn't want to be discovered, but yeah. If Hiccup hated her he would( in my opinion)have no faith in her. What I'm getting at, is that in this version he doesn't think he can change her mind about dragons. So he pretty much gives up and flies away.
Don't know if this has been done before, not trying to steal anything, I'm Danish, blah blah blah. I also own nothing. Yep.