Chapter 17

July 21, 2016

I stumble out of my duvet covers to the sound of the alarm we had attached to my front door.
Covering my ears and screaming "What the fuck!", I hastily run out of my room to find Yu Rae holding a gun and pointing it towards the front door.

"What's going on?!" I scream out, trying to top the alarms noise.
"Someone is trying to break in! Isn't it obvious?" She retorts, looking at the door as she positioned herself.
"It's 3 in the morning!" I shoot as I glance at the clock.
"Stay put, stand behind me," she said. At this point, I was too sleepy to be scared. My mind was still in my dreams and my body was way back in the duvet covers. It's not everyday someone tries to break into your house.

Soon, the alarm had stopped ringing and Yu Rae lowered her gun, inching slowly towards the door and I followed. She placed her ears onto the door while I peeked through peephole.
I backed away in shock when I saw a man completely covered in black waving at us while looking through the peephole. Only his eyes were noticeable as he covered his mouth and nose with a black mask. I was pretty sure it was a man from his posture and more masculine muscles.

Yu Rae then notices my expression and looks through the peephole.
"What did you see?" She whispers in the lowest volume possible.
"Didn't you see him?" I whisper back while covering my mouth. The sight of an unfamiliar figure waving back at me brought me back to my senses.
"Seorin, no one was there," my eyes fling wide open.
"But I saw him! A man in all black waving!" I whisper-shout while aggressively pointing at the door.

She opens the door slowly, giving a sigh of relief.
"He must have ran away," she says.
"Yu Rae, what was that?" I quiver.
"I'm sure he was just trying to scare you," she tells me.

I rub my forehead in frustration as I walk around the living room.

"Please don't tell me-" I pause.
"Yes, he might be one of Mr. Park's men," she cuts me off.

She pulls out her cell phone and starts dialing a number. She places the call on speaker and comes near me.

"Hello?" A man on the other side of the line responds.
"Kim, someone is following her for sure," she tells.
"Yah, Yoon Yu Rae?! Are you okay? Are you both okay?!" He shouts through the phone.
"Agh my ears! Yes we are," she giggles. This must be that partner of hers, Kim Taehyung.
"Listen here, I thought I'd stop by in the morning and tell you but since you called, I guess you should know now. We checked the CCTV cameras around her neighborhood and concluded that she is indeed being followed," he says and I could feel my heart drop almost instantly.
"That cafe she was in the other day, a man stood and waited for her outside until she got out, and that man was the exact same person who followed her home, according the clips I've retrieved from the CCTV cameras in her neighborhood," he concludes.

I knew I was not entirely safe ever since that incident, considering all the security Hoseok had set up for me. But I aways ignored it because I didn't think anyone would try to break into my own home. But now that I'm in this mess, I cant help but feel unsafe in my own apartment.

"Are they going to try to k-kill me," I speak up when the tears start to form in my eyes.
"Miss Seorin, I cannot guarantee that they won't, but I will tell you one thing. They cannot get a hold of you if we're around. Sure it's a little scary to you now, but just stay calm. I suggest you go on about your day normally for a while WHILE Yu Rae is around and try not to act scared in public. Pretend like you are not aware that someone is following you when you totally are," he emphasized.
"Okay," I say.
"Courage, Miss Seorin," he cuts the call immediately.

Yu Rae looks at me with sad eyes, "It will be okay," she tells me.
"Oh but what if it's not?" I smile sarcastically.
"I won't let them hurt you. I didnt train this much for nothing," she assures me.

Yu Rae told me that she ran away from home after graduating from school and trained somewhere in the outskirts of the city. She took up Taekwondo and proceeded to perfecting her skills with guns. She was based off of pure confidence and strength, something I have yet to achieve.

"Hey if it makes you feel any safer, we could stay over at the hide out with Kim and Jin," she places her hand over mine as she tries to comfort me. I give her a week smile and nod before walking back into my room and shutting the door.

I hate how weak I was. I can't even wish I was not in this mess because then I'd have to blame him. If this is what's happening to me then I can't imagine what's happening to him. I am always too shy to bring up his name and barely ever did, though I was dying to see and talk to him again. I miss everything we did together and I can't guarantee if he does too. He could have forgotten me for all I know.

After a while of pondering and doing things to help me fall asleep, I manage to doze off.

------------

Diary Entry-23

July 21, 2016
3:43 AM

They're coming for me.

--------------