Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Coffee! A kick start to her system was needed and this thought got her moving. After breakfast she unpacked and went through the things she’d bought while she was away. Mistrea had gone shopping with Claire and bought a gift for Mae. She’d been so welcoming to her and she wanted to show her appreciation.

Kyle and his friends had access to her car while she was away so didn’t shop for them. She smiled as she pottered around the house unpacking and doing her washing. When she was done Mistrea grabbed her purse, keys and the cream coloured angora shawl she had gift wrapped for her friend.

When Mae opened her gift she gave Mistrea a hug, “This is so beautiful and the colour is neutral, so I’ll be able to wear it with anything. Thank you Mistrea, I’ll think of you whenever I wear it.”

Mistrea smiled, “I’m happy you like it. I saw it and it screamed your name.” She stayed at Mae’s for several hours catching up.

When she left, Mistrea headed into town to do some grocery shopping. She hadn’t done much shopping lately and was in need of a few things. She pulled into the parking lot one street over from the main street and locked the car before walking towards the laneway that led to the main street.

It had been a nice day so far and she was in a good mood. Mistrea almost made it to the main street when pain hit her. It wasn’t severe thankfully, but it was there. She reached a hand up against the wall of the building beside her for support. Her breathing was somewhat erratic and she focused on trying to gain control of it.

Nausea was taking hold and she was feeling light headed. Her hand slipped and she knew she was going to hit the ground. She was beyond caring focusing almost completely on the pain, but at the last second a hand took hold of her and before she knew what was happening she was scooped up and placed on a near-by bench.

Mistrea looked up and was surprised at who it was, “Ollie?”

“Misty? Holy shit! No wonder you looked so familiar. Are you okay? What the hell…”

Mistrea tried to smile, but wasn’t sure she’d pulled it off. “Not Misty anymore, now it’s Mistrea. Mistrea Larkin.” She looked towards the main street then back at him, a pained expression on her face.

Oliver saw the tears streaming down her face and not just from the pain. He glanced over his shoulder and suddenly realised what was happening. “Shit! Does he even know it’s you?” He shook his head. “I’m guessing he doesn’t or he wouldn’t have his arm around some other woman!”

He’d put the pieces together, but knew he had to get her off the street before he could speak to her about it. He looked up and swore again. Zac was heading their way. He pulled Mistrea to her feet and wrapped his arm around her waist to give her some support. He needn’t have bothered, as soon as she realised Zac was moving their way Mistrea forced herself to stand without his help.

Zac eyed Oliver then looked Mistrea over noting that she didn’t look well. He pushed the thought away, she wasn’t his responsibility. “Oliver, I didn’t know you were back in town. I thought you were still doing security at Westgate?”

“Zac,” he gave a nod to the Alpha. “I just got back. I quit my job at the University to take up a position here.” He placed a hand on Mistrea’s shoulder and smiled. “I’m working security for Miss Larkin.” Oliver felt Mistrea tense beside him, but ignored it keeping his focus on Zac.

“You’re doing security, for Miss Larkin?” Zac looked a little stunned.

Oliver grinned, “Yep! It seems she’s had some trouble with uninvited guests banging on her front door.”