Chapter 3 - Lab Partners

Show me some love! Vote and comment! Enjoy the chapter

After school, Quentin returned the pencil. "Thanks." He grumbled, scratching the back of   neck.

"No problem." I said, slightly nervous when he was around me. Even though he was nice, he was still a ten. On a scale of one to ten of how dangerous he was, he was a ten.

"See you tomorrow?" He asked.

"Um, yeah." I shrugged with a smile.

As soon as my only friend left, I checked my phone.

'Sorry honey. Dad took the car so I had to borrow yours.'

No way! She took my car! I have no ride.

'Hey, can you come and pick me up?' I text back.

I walk outside in the rather warmer air than this morning. I take a seat on the bench, waiting for my mom to pick me up.

'Sorry, at work. Be there in 45 minutes.' She replied.

Ugh. Forty five minutes.

A black Maserati drove up in the lot right in front of me. Holy cow, that guy's rich!

The Maserati's window rolled down. Quentin was sitting in the driver's seat. He was wearing was some expensive sunglasses and a smug grin across his face.

"Need a ride?" He asks.

He's a ten. He's a ten. He's a ten.

"No, but thanks for the offer." I said.

"When is your ride coming?" He asked. Even with the sunglasses on, you could tell his eyebrow was raised.

"Soon." I lied.

"Alrighty," he sighed. "Bye." He said, rolling up the window and speeding off before I could return a 'goodbye'.

Dang, he's loaded. I wonder what his house - or mansion - looks like.

I pulled out some of my homework and decided to finish it.

By the time my mom returned my car, I was finished with all my homework.

My crappy old car rattled up. I put my textbook back into my school bag and climbed into the seat. The fake smell of ocean was provided by Febreeze.

As soon as I shut the car door, my mom drove away from the school.

"How was your day?" She asked sweetly.

"Good." I say. This time I wasn't lying.

When my car was parked in our driveway, I got out of the car and ran inside to the house.

I ate the usual microwave dinner and decided to watch some cable.

My phone dinged.

Kaekae Bear (diamond emoji) has tweeted.

Recieved at 7:47 pm.

All of Kaelie's posts were pretty lame, but they were a topic of conversation the next day.

I tapped on the notification which opened Twitter.

Kaelie, Melissa, Jessica, Shenae, and all of Kaelie's other demons were in a picture, clearly having a sleepover.