2

adela.  adela rose culkin.  that's the type of name that many are excited to hear.  a-del-a, the name of all beauty that exists in the world.  the name adela rose culkin probably would have never have graced my tongue if i never met bellis, my first "adela".  

i met bellis in the summer of 2015, when i was only 16.  i remember the air was comfortable that day.  everything was comfortable that summer.  i was at the beach with some of my cronies when i saw her with hers.  from what i can remember, her skin was golden, her hair dark, her eyes a glistening hazel.  she was from finland, staying in denmark for the summer with her uncle, who coincidentally was good friends with my mom. 

we connected instantly, trading numbers later that day.  i felt a pang of regret that day because i didn't ask her to dinner.  

about 3 months later, we were madly in love.  there was a day that i distinctly remember because of how she kissed me; rough, but sweet.  

"jeg vil elske (i want to make love)," she simply stated.  nervousness and lust overcame my body since i was a virgin, and she was too.  the events that followed after were illustrious.  during the afterglow, i told her i loved her.

a week later she died of a stroke.  there was something that froze in me after her death.