Queen #1

I sighed, running my hand through my straight brown hair. Elise was late again, even though Raya and I told her to wake up half an hour earlier because it was the beginning of our senior year.

I shifted my backpack just as her black Ford pulled into my driveway. I could see Raya in the backseat, and Elise with a sheepish expression on her face. Hiding my grin, I made my way to the shotgun seat.

"Elise, why are you," I paused. What time was it? Pulling out my phone, I read the time to her. "20 minutes late and counting?"

"I mean, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right?" She shrugged her shoulders, attempting to dissuade my question. "Plus I was reading Baz and Sebastian fanfics until I noticed I was late?" She finished, squeaking out her sentence so it was harder to hear.

My grin broke onto my face. "True."

She sighed in relief, while I sat in the front seat of her car. She was the oldest out of us three, Raya and I's birthday being in the later months of the year.

As we drove to school, we talked about different things, including my family's trip back to Italy and Mexico, Raya's week at the beach, and Elise's summer camp. However, one thing that kept popping into our conversation was the boys.

The boys were, well, boys, but also the guys we grew up with. There had been a 'history' between Raya, Andres, Josuel, and Giovanni, but they had all moved past that. At least some of the more tolerable friends of ours hadn't pressured either her or me to go out with one of them. Elise, however, wasn't one of those people.

"Oh! Do you remember in seventh grade when you had that crush on Andres? And then Giovanni starting teasing you so we started telling you be liked you? But then there was Sunny too, he was okay... You know, his hair was always beautiful. I would've hit that if we had both been over the legal age and responsible, and used protection. A shame he ended up being gay, isn't it.Wait! Didn't you go to summer camp with him in sixth? I could've sworn tha-" Raya cut off her rambling/fangirling, telling g her to keep her mouth shut I'd she was only going to talk nonsense.

I laughed it off. "Yes Elise, I did go to summer camp with him. I still have the pictures with his hair in fabulous condition, as always."

Raya cut in. "I only had a crush on him for like two days! How do you still remember that? Plus, Andres didn't like me, he just annoyed me. He was better off with Mj or Kelly then I was, anyways."

Elise and I stared at her with a small, knowing smile. "That didn't stop Giovanni, though, did it?"