1. During

To put it simply, Jun knew all too well about his family's wealth. He knew about the monthly four thousand deposited into his bank account. He knew his mother was cheating on his father with her secretary. He knew his parents cared about themselves only, and to keep Jun preoccupied and happy, they'd buy him "small presents." A flat screen TV would appear in his room. The newest iPhone on his nightstand. A sleek new leather watch would rest upon the counter when he got up for breakfast in the morning.
Jun appreciated his parents, and their money, and the little luxuries that came out of it. The fancy dinners, the ones where Jun had to wear a tuxedo, and waltz with the rich daughters until half past midnight. The fact that his parents were gone constantly, so he'd have the house to himself. Well, save the butler, Rana. Rana was cute, but in a immature way.
  Jun, however, had one of the biggest egos Rana had ever seen. He would spend hours in front of a mirror, trying to apply the smallest amount of makeup, and hair product to style his fringe perfectly, until Rana practically had to drag him away by the wrist. Those were the good nights. When Jun's waterlines were rimmed with deep brown, his lashes coated in coffee black, extending longer than a boy's eyelashes should, and his complexion was smooth from the thin layer of concealer and foundation. Yes, those were the good nights.
  The bad nights, were the nights that the awful reality that Jun's parents didn't really love him, would kick in. Jun would spend the early hours of the night with his face in his pillow, crying off the chocolate coloured eyeliner, and coffee black mascara. Rana would hear from the hall, and fix him his favourite meal, and Jun would collect it on the way to the basement. In the later hours of the night, Jun would binge on the dark Belgian chocolate- because that's the only good kind, his parents said- and sit on the floor of the bar downstairs, drinking until he couldn't tell the Stella Artois from red wine or raspberry ale from rum. Rana would find him passed out on the floor, and set a glass of water and two pain killers on the counter, which Jun would take them when he woke up during the early afternoon, and then they wouldn't speak of it again. Jun liked it that way. When things were easily kicked under the carpet, never brought up again, and he could continue on like nothing bad ever happened.
  Jun went to public school. As much as his parents detested it, and tried to send him off to some big expensive all boys private school in Europe, he refused. The education was obviously better, at this all boys private school, but Jun liked public school. He liked the way he walked around with more money to his name than any of his classmates, how he wore only designer brands, and how he had other wealthy friends, but none as wealthy as him. What he liked most was the way people would look at him with envy, because that made him feel better. If his parents couldn't give him love, atleast he could get envy from others. The only emotions Jun could manage to hold were anger, regret, envy, and sadness.
Then, there was Kyo Moon. Kyo was like blood in Jun's mouth, and somehow, the irony taste between his teeth of the very substance that kept him alive, didn't bother him the slightest. Jun doesn't think he'll ever forget the day Kyo joined his class. He was a tenth grader, in the twelfth grade concert orchestra. He was kneeling over a case, carefully taking out an instrument Jun vaguely recognized from the back as a contra bass. Jun sat down in the back row, right in the middle, and began to take out his violin. He tuned it quickly, enjoying the pleasant sound his bow made against the string, when he saw a mop of hazelnut hair sit down next to him. Lowering his violin to the rest position, he looked at the boy next to him, at his split ends and growing out roots. He could barely dress himself to look presentable, and Jun was appalled. He realized a moment later, that he was the younger contra bass boy.
  "Hi," Jun heard him say. Jun stared for a moment, and parted his lips to speak, but was cut off. "You don't know me."
Jun would easily recognize him anywhere, with the bright hazelnut hair colour, "It appears so." "I'm Kyo. I'm not surprised you don't know me," a strange introduction, but Jun feigned all interest.
"I don't pay attention to social food chains," Jun informed him with a lazy tone. Kyo ignored that, "I'm supposed to be making friends- I don't know anyone here. You look nice. Are you nice? What's your name?" Kyo had a deep voice, one that sounded like melting chocolate, silk, and bitter coffee all at once. He had those pretty boy eyes too, with a smile that made Jun sick. "Jun. And generally..." he replied, and noticed how Kyo watched him easily. No wary, jealousy, or intimidation in his eyes. Jun hated Kyo immediately. "You're really good at violin, I've heard." Kyo complimented, and Jun barely held back a scoff. "Heard from who?" Jun asked cooly, pulling Kreutzer, a violin sonata, from his folder. He had received the piece the previous year. He raised the violin to his shoulder, placing the bow delicately onto the string. "I can't...really remember her name..." Jun looked around in thought for a moment, "Lalin! Lalin Maryce!" Kyo practically yelled, scaring Jun into missing a note completely.
  Lalin was the kind of girl who didn't turn heads. Short, and aggressive, intimidating and blunt. Jun held her in a high regard, but didn't care for her in the slightest. As far as he knew, Lalin wore clothes that were too big for her, wanted to be a rapper, and was dating Sung Ah. Lalin played percussion in band, and admittedly, wasn't very good at it. Lalin did not turn heads, especially not Jun's.
  "Lalin was talking about me?" It would be an understatement to say Jun was surprised. "No- not really. I just asked." Kyo admitted with a sheepish tone to his voice, bowing his head slightly. Jun made a sound of acknowledgement, and said no more. "Anyways, why do you sit in the back if you're so 'good'." Kyo asked, his slight apprehension apparent. "I gave up first chair for Jae Torres. Wouldn't someone impressionable rather look up to a first chair more interesting?" Jun replied. He always thought Jae was more intricate then himself. Jae was visually pleasing, exceptionally smart, and good with others. Everything Jun felt he wasn't. "I'd rather look up to you..." Kyo once again shyly admitted. If Kyo were being honest, he had always looked up to Jun. When Kyo was just five, he went to see a competition amongst child string players and saw Jun perform for the first time. He immediately felt the spark of interest for orchestra. At first there was no hope for him. He couldn't grip a bow right and his fingers weren't spaced enough for the bass, but everything changed when he found his talent, what made him so advanced. He had perfect pitch, and could sight read years above the average comprehension for his age. With years of technique classes and piano lessons, he easily became the best. And now here he was, sitting next to the very Jun who changed his life in the greatest of ways. Kyo knew they were around the same age, but since he was able to skip a grade in orchestra, he could actually be with his idol. Kyo knew there was only one thing that would get him close to Jun, and that was to impress him, because one day Kyo wants to accompany Jun in front of a large audience. That is his dream.