Flashbacks

"To with this day we bleed tears of pain and sorrow. To with this day his short loving life has finally came to it's broken and bloody end. We weep and wallow in his death of day too soon to come for us who will always care for this day. The name that shall remain loved and remembered by us all. To this dreadful day we bleed from our open hearted wounds for who cannot bleed no longer. The memories for who we plead to come to life will always be in our loving souls. To with this day we wear frowns for who we loved and will always live 'till the end of time."

The words of the preacher found its way back into her thoughts once again. She wanted them to go away forever or until she's able to forgive herself for allowing Jason to go out clubbing with his "friends". Jason hung out with the wrong crowd and always has since he started high school and that had always made Mom, Dad, and her worry. She had never liked his - so called friends - because they forced Jason smoke weed and drink alcohol.

Sadly, he got addicted to both and started to change and became hostile and abusive, so Mom and Dad decided to send Jason to Rehab. But, he wasn't the only thing that had changed. She became closed up and depressed while Mom and Dad starter to neglect her and argue more often. Everything was slowly breaking away and she believed it was all her fault.

"Everest?" Dad called from the front driver's seat. His eyes were looking at her from the rear view mirror transferring back to the road then at her again.

          She didn't answer. She didn't want to speak or even breath. She just wanted to be near Jason, but he was gone. She sighed and looked out the window watching the rain fall against the clear glass.

      Everest wanted a reason to why it had to him. To why she had to be the one to feel this pain. To why Jason didn't see that big truck that was about to ram into him, his clock coming to its end. To why it felt like she had also died along with him.

   "Everest, your father is talking to you," Mom commented, looking back at her with the slight look of anger in her blue eyes. Everest still didn't respond, her attention on the rain. "Everest Amelia Knight, answer me when I'm talking to you." Slamming her fist onto the dashboard.

Suddenly, she was sent back to last nights dream. She was back in the middle of the road both the truck and Jason's car speeding towards each other. She watched in terror covering her ears while tears cloud her vision, she knew what was about to come but it still caused her pain. The impact came.... blood and shattered glass was everywhere, the sound of his car flipping and swirling out of control sounded in her ears.

She dropped to her knees and slowly crawled toward the upside down car, her arms shaking want to give out. Her knees and hands were covered in blood and in tiny pieces of glass that had came from the car. She couldn't breath as her lungs filled with the scent of his blood that covered the ground, the truck had drove off leaving just her and Jason. She stopped in front of his blood covered body and his pale hand was hanging out of the car finger laced in the dark red liquid.

She ran her hand over his gripping it with all the strength she could muster. His pulse was faint which meant if she had been there he could have still been saved. Everest reached into the car coming in contact with her Jason's soft brown hair, she pushed it out the way to see his green eyes with blood dripping from them struggling to stay open.

"E-Everest?" Jason's voice cracked as blood filled his lungs, his hand gripped hers causing a faint smile to for her face.

She nodded frantically, "Y-Yes it's me." She answered with a soft tone as tears fell down her flushed cheeks. She had finally felt happy to hear him say her name once more time.

"Know that I-I lo-love y-ou and I-I'm sorry...." Jason trailed off, his grip on Everest losing. She shook her head feeling his pulse fade away slowly. He was gone.

"No! Jason, please! I love you so much, okay?! I forgive you, okay?!" Everest screamed, in agony tears rushing down. The pain becoming too much for her to consume, watching his eyes close and never open again and his hand drop from hers. She covered her mouth trying to fight back the urge but it was too late so she let go, she let out an earth shattering scream, "Jason!"

    Second page of Down The Train Tracks....
I almost cried writing this chapter...
I know it's short but they'll get longer, promise😋

Comment

Follow

Vote

!!!!!