ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʟᴇ

1 9 7 1

1 9 7 1

Slowly gaining consciousness, I consciously started doing some stretching to loosen up these tensed muscles, as my feet hit the cold wooden floors a yawn left my mouth, eyes still closed.

Shivering involuntarily as a cold breeze chilled my skin, that instantly woke me up. Turning my head towards the direction, it turns out that it came from the windows that were left opened this morning.

Its completely pitch black outside, realising that I had slept that long. Turning on my phone the clock read 10:47pm. Others might think its absurd but I sleep longer than that on weekends.

Standing on my toes I went over towards where the light switches were and flicked it open. I was confused for a second, I had completely forgotten that we had moved now miles away from the city into a distant far away village.

Closing the windows, I sat back down towards my bed and basically just scrolled over through the Internet. I still have data on good grief.

Deciding to watch nct life's new episode that came out, exchanging a good amount of laughs and awes a circular motion suddenly appeared on the screen instantly turning my mood upside down.

"No signal?!" I asked in a complete disbelief, but it was just perfectly fine a while ago. I stood up dead set on to find a signal, I didn't know where my slippers where so I ended up walking barefooted.

Using my phone as a flashlight, I held it up putting it up at different positions. Come on just work!

It was as if it responded into my command, The face of Yuta immediately came into the screen.

"Ye- AAAAAAAAH!," In a flash the ground I was walking on immediately collapses. I felt my insides drop as I suddenly went on a falling spree, screaming frantically as I went all the way down, landing with a loud thud.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow my leg hurts my fucking leg hurts," a tear subconsciously left my eye as I groan. I tried to get up but realized my regrets when an excruciating pain erupts throughout my right leg making me grit my teeth, my knuckles tightens as I punched the ground attempting to lessen the pain.

I panicked, I didn't know what to do, I couldn't even think straight. But all I could ever think of was to get out of here and this pain away.

Its so dark and chilly down here, I couldn't even see a thing. I tried to get myself up again and this time I really pushed upself up into the limit, holding on all the pain I managed to finally stand up using the wall as my support.

The first thing I did was to call someone for help, the first person that came into my mind was mom. Giving it a few dials she finally picked up the call, "Yeoboseyo?" Even with groggy sleepy voice I've never felt so happy about hearing my mom's voice.

"Mom help me, please. I was just walking then suddenly the ground just collapsed and now I fell into somewhere I don't know, I've hurted my leg pretty badly." I ranted in a single breathe.

"Mwo?! Stay there don't move!"

Well I aint going anywhere.

I could hear the panic in her voice. I heard the sheets scrambles with dad's voice sounding confused in the background, footsteps becoming nearer and I could actually hear her becoming closer.

With the light coming from my phone and slightly from upstairs I could see that it goes a long way ahead.

I could barely see where I am. Cobwebs and dust flows around the air, I squint my eyes at the sight in disgust. This place is a wreck, it looks like it hasn't been cleaned let alone visited for years.

It looks somewhat like a basement, but I think a bunker would suit this place more, my flashlight couldn't even reach the rest of this place as it goes a long way ahead and I started to get worried.

As they say curiosity killed the cat. And as of today I am that cat. Well, if I am to die today, its better than leaving with many questions and regrets.

It felt like eternity, heart's pounding harder and harder in every step as I go further in. The nervousness and and excitement is eating me up whole.

Everything felt so weird.

As if I had gotten myself to go back in time, the markings drawn on the walls, broken shards, rusting metals and scrolls; many many pile of scrolls that's scattered everywhere, as if someone had immediately dumped all this things down here then ran away.

I thought that was weird but not weird as that was until I saw a door, shut closed.

Its a wooden door, you can tell how old this door was as the the metal handles were already rusting. I don't know how many years or even decade's this was built but it looks like this door isn't gonna break or fall apart anytime soon. Damn whatever this is made of its a pretty sturdy and a strong one.

Something's telling me that this isn't right, that I had to go back before its too late

Something's telling me that this isn't right, that I had to go back before its too late. But no matter how much my brain is telling me no, my body heart and soul is telling me yes.

Or what you call my stupidity.

As soon as my hands touched the cold and musty metal, a gust of wind blew right into my face, I gaze towards the door, pale and stricken.

What have I gotten myself into.

1 9 7 1