RaceTTEnd

The sand flows across my feet as I walk towards my hub. I have been out looking for remains, and I am now returning empty handed. I look up into the green sun and shield my eyes from its gaze. The Physicists say that decades ago the sun was yellow, a bright light, but now it is a dusty green that changes the shade of everything it touches. To me it is beautiful, the way the hues bounced off each other. New colours evolving. Just like we had evolved. From fossil records and the rocks and dirt around us, we have determined that 4,000 years ago the less evolved Homo sapiens lived on this world. It had taken years to determine that in effect they had killed themselves off. They had released a vast amount of toxic fumes into the air, and when the massive asteroid Plutona fell into the atmosphere, the heat ignited the gas killing every living thing on this planet. Leaving only the grey sand that I am now walking over. It is not all sand; some plants have managed to survive and are growing again. New species are being discovered every day. Same with the animals.

I have always thought about the Homo sapiens, as I try to catalogue their existence. They fascinate me; they brought their own extinction, though they showed levels of high intelligence. It astounds me that they could let their world become so ravaged. I have vowed never to let my race, the new race of the world we call Xenion, the Homo expectros to cause our own destruction. We have evolved to exist with the world around us, and conflicts are aborted by our lack of feelings. Yes, we had no emotions. None. We felt very little except determination and pride. We lived harmoniously.

There are not many of us, maybe a hundred in total, but we are trying to drive our numbers up. We have set a breeding program to do this. As I am only 16 I do not have to be apart of it yet. But when I have reached my 18th year I will. Scientists have discovered that the smartest brains are that of teenagers. Therefore, the teenagers 14 to 18 run the society. It works well and we have specialists in every field, to gather new information and improve our way of life.

My name is Tami. I am the leader and master of forensics and electronics. This is my world. I hope you like it. Wabi, the specialist in Languages, has discovered this writing language and has encouraged me to document my life for future leaders. So here it all is. My life in an ancient language called English. The letters are funny to write and look at, but my experience with them is improving.

I finally reached the hub, my home and the main headquarters of our race. Here it is that we discovered out emotions, Ribo and I. Here we lead the destruction or renewal of our race.

Welcome to Xenion.